Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Citizen married out of the US.. Now what? B-2 or K-3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Citizen married out of the US.. Now what? B-2 or K-3?

I am a U.S Citizen (21) and I just married my Brazilian husband(23) this week!
    I want to move to the U.S ASAP!
    The only thing is I don't know whats the quickest or safest way to do so.

Our Plan A is to
    Apply for the B-1/B-2 Visa next week
    As soon as he gets accepted, travel to the US to visit my family.
    After a couple of months there I want to apply for his change of status, so he can be a permanent resident/Greencard holder.
    -- My doubts are if doing so will their be any issues, I know it can be fraud if you enter the country with that intent. But he's my husband and I just want to go back to my home with him, no hassle. Which seems to be impossible.

If by any chance Plan A is not fool proof we will go with Plan B. I will apply here in Brazil the petition I-130 and once we get the first approval I will move back to the US and wait for him to finish the whole process out in Brazil so he can move here with everything settled.

** So my main questions are:

Which is better Plan A or Plan B?
    If I choose Plan B can he finish out his process in the US?
    Can I apply for his change of status on a B-1/B-2 visa?

Plan A would be the quickest but the least likely to succeed. You said apply for the B1/B2. If he doesn't already have the B2 then it will be very difficult to get it. If he answers the questions truthfully (as he should) then they will deny a visitor visa.

The best plan is plan B but he won't be able to stay here while going through the process.
    Yes, you can change his status from a B2 but he prob won't be able to get the B2
    This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

US Citizen married out of the US.. Now what? B-2 or K-3?

Plan B.
      See if he don't have B1/B2 and he apply for it, he have to answer if he is single or married and if he have any relatives in the US. Now that you are married he is your immediate relative so they will probably deny the visa, but you can always try if you don't mind spending 176 dollars.
      Even if they deny the visa you can always apply for I-130 to be approve and follow procedures.
      Good luck

Comment

Thank you for your opinions!

Originally posted by iahp70@hotmail. View Post
        Plan B.
        See if he don't have B1/B2 and he apply for it, he have to answer if he is single or married and if he have any relatives in the US. Now that you are married he is your immediate relative so they will probably deny the visa, but you can always try if you don't mind spending 176 dollars.
        Even if they deny the visa you can always apply for I-130 to be approve and follow procedures.
        Good luck
        Originally posted by samlynn View Post
        Plan A would be the quickest but the least likely to succeed. You said apply for the B1/B2. If he doesn't already have the B2 then it will be very difficult to get it. If he answers the questions truthfully (as he should) then they will deny a visitor visa.

The best plan is plan B but he won't be able to stay here while going through the process.
        Yes, you can change his status from a B2 but he prob won't be able to get the B2
        I will go with Plan B then.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X