Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for Tourist VISA with shoplifting record

Hello,

I was on F1 and H4 visas previously in the US for almost 7 years. Later, I moved out of US for personal reasons. However, while I was on F1, I had a shoplifting offence on my record, which was later expunged. I didnot serve any jail sentence. Later, I also got my H4 VISA with no issues.
    Currently, I donot live in the USA. I am now applying for a tourist visa. I called the city court yesterday to ask for certified copies of my case, however, since the case has been expunged, they donot have any document or record of my case. I will answer "Yes" on DS-160 for the question regarding arrested or convicted. However, I donot have any documents pertaining to the case. I am clueless if the VIAS officer wants to see any documents regarding my case. Any suggestions regarding what I can do here?

Many thanks in advance.

You have to answer Yes. If you answer no that means you are lying on the application.
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, jnk. However, that is not my question. I already mentioned in my post that I will answer "Yes". My question is since my record has been expunged, there are no documents available at the city court regarding the case. Incase, the VISA officer asks me to show him case-related documents, I donot have any. Hence, I am a bit concerned.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X