Getting Married

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Married

Hi I have a quick question, so my fiance & I met online and soon we fell in love. He lives in Europe. I'm a US citizen and he came to visit me on a tourist visa in February of this year. I visited him and the family in October and there he proposed. He is coming to visit me again in two weeks. Now we plan to get married in August of next year in the US. Since he has a tourist visa, what are the implications? Prior to reading the thread here, I didn't realize that getting married on a tourist visa can be deemed as fraud. What do you suggest is the best way, should we get married and then he returns to his country & I begin filing? What documents would I need to file? If he applies for a fiance visa, would he get it since be already has a tourist visa? Could you expound more on the 30/90 days rule? We both have good jobs. Any information would really help. Thanks

Getting married while on a tourist visa is not fraud. But using a visitor visa to circumvent immigration requirements can be considered misuse of the visa. If your guy remains in the U.S. after marrying you, it is fairly routine to submit his petition and Adjustment applications to convert his status to Green Card. It is advisable to wait at least 30-0 days before submitting the paperwor.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Infoneeded27 View Post
    Hi I have a quick question, so my fiance & I met online and soon we fell in love. He lives in Europe. I'm a US citizen and he came to visit me on a tourist visa in February of this year. I visited him and the family in October and there he proposed. He is coming to visit me again in two weeks. Now we plan to get married in August of next year in the US. Since he has a tourist visa, what are the implications? Prior to reading the thread here, I didn't realize that getting married on a tourist visa can be deemed as fraud. What do you suggest is the best way, should we get married and then he returns to his country & I begin filing? What documents would I need to file? If he applies for a fiance visa, would he get it since be already has a tourist visa? Could you expound more on the 30/90 days rule? We both have good jobs. Any information would really help. Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X