X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to invite mother and mother-in-law together

Hi,
    Hi,
    I am in US from past 3 years (2.9 years on L1B and now on H1B from past 2 months). We are expecting baby in June. I want to invite my mother and mother-in-law to visit us in May or June, but reading other posts are making it doubtful.
    Situation with my mother - She is widow, do not have any property on her name. She is homemaker. Have 3 bank account with around 5 lac Rupee is them. She stays with my brother (and wife) and grandmother. Situation is not showing any strong bound to her country.
    Situation with mother-in-law - She is staying with husband (retired), do not have any property on her name. Have one bank account with around 7 lac in her bank. Since she is also homemaker, she is also not strongly bounded with her country.

My questions are -
    1- Both are two different families, so need to apply two applications with two different appointment. But if I take single appointment for both of them (I was reading group appointment), will it be easy for them to get approval ?
    2- Is it positive to say that we (both) are going to take care of our daughter and her child, only for 2 months ?
    4- I have around $10,000 in my account. Should I sponsor them and let them go with self-sponsored way ?
    3- I am still 3 months far from applying their visa. If we put some more money in their account, will it help ?

Since, my case is not strong for either of them, so seek guidance on this, what would be best way to convince immigration office.

Thanks in advance

1. Different. Any way, they will be evaluate independently. Does not matter you do one or separate.
    2. Yes.
    4. You can sponsor them.
    3. No. If you deposit money before their interview then it will create more issues.
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

With this situation, are approval chances nil ?
      Can I do something now, to increase chances ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X