Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents got VISA

Hi,
    My parents got VISA from chennai. Yet to receive passport. Thanks for the help and information from this forum.

Details:
    I am on BL1 visa, VISA expired, I-94 is valid.

Parents: Both Retired, age 72,70.
    I prepared all the required documents (Visitor, sponsor) and sent to them, additionsl documents for visitor were collected/prepared by them.

I had a mismatch of birth date with what in documents and what I got from corporation (birth certificate). So I prepared an affidevitt for DOB, instead of submitting the birth certificate from corporation.

Infact my father went to a "VISA Service Center" in my town(I am not sure if its a private one) and they arranged all the documents in the file and explained him all the process of interview (Fee Rs.100). I hope that was helpful.

Interview: ( local language)
    Officer went through all the sponsor documents,

Where are u going ?
    Whats the intention of the trip ?
    Ans: sight seeing and to stay with son for few days.

How many children ? (Ans: 3)

Which child is in US ?

Officer : He is on H1 visa right ??
    Ans: : no he is on BL1 visa

Officer :Where are other children:
    Ans: : with us in India, at this time my father tried to show the photographs etc, but officer told 'not required',

Officer: Whats your income sources... ??

Officer: How long you want to stay in US ? ( Ans:3-4 months )

Didn't ask any question to my mother

Ok your vis ais granted.

hi congratulations

hi congrats ur parents got the visa!!!!!!!
    i have a question ..plzz help regarding the birth certificate...i have my matric certificate and do not have the corporation one ...what do i do?my parents have the appt on 14th feb..so in absence of the corporation birth certificate my matric certificate will work or i have to make an affidavit..also i dont have time to make an affidavit from here and send to my parents now...can my parents make an affidavit for this from india?????suggestion would be welcome....its urgent...
    plzzzzz answer.thanx n congrats again.....

Comment

In my case, my parents got an affidevit from India only, Metric...certificate or any other proof can be shown as secondary proof.

Best of luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X