Help on getting visitor VISA for mother - uncommon case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on getting visitor VISA for mother - uncommon case

I need some help in preparing for getting US visitor VISA for my mother.

I am currently working at the parent US office since July 2005 on L1 VISA but I am not on the US office pay roll. I am still a full time employee of the India office of the same company and I get paid in India. In the US, I have company paid furnished apartment, phone, Internet access and a car. I get per-diem amount to meet my expenses on meals and other incidentals. I don't have to pay taxes on that. I have visited India for short duration (~1 week) twice since and I am again going to India soon - each trip for work. My L1 VISA is valid till June 06. I will return to India and work out of India office from May onwards. I want to bring my mother to the US for 1 month. I have an appointment for her VISA interview on the 1st March.

However, I cannot produce an employment verification letter from my US employer with salary figure on it or income tax returns or pay stubs because I am not on the US company's payroll. I have a saving of about $8,000 + in my US bank accounts. My company can sponsor my mother's travel tickets to US. My mother is a widow, non working and my two siblings are in India. I have visited US multiple times in past 3-4 years. Let me know if you can help in suggesting how to proceed for getting a tourist VISA for my mother.

mention all this truthfully and she should get the visa

first of all, you're in the best position! great!

if you tell the same truth that you mentioned here, your mom should get the visa

if at all, it's rejected and you definitely want to get her to come to the US (i would!), please contact the senator's office of the state/place where you live when you're here

good luck and best wishes

Comment

Thanks

Thanks. Do I have to fill I-134 form? What do I fill in there for the salary - I dont get a salary in the US.

Comment

Mom got the VISA

My mom got the VISA and she is already in the US now.

Thanks!

Comment

Congrats!!!

What docs you prepared for your mother?

Thanks

Comment

Details would help ...

a1219p,
            Kindly state what did you mention in the I-134 and the questions that were posed to your mother. I am in exact same situation like you (except that my payroll has been shifted from India to US)
            Please detail out how the interview went and all other possible details you can give so that it can benefit other people in the community like me.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X