Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on B2 visa for L2's parents

Hi,

I would like to bring my wife's parents to US. My L1 visa is valid only till Oct 2016, but I-94 is valid till Apr 2018, same for my wife as well. Will it cause any issue while processing B2 visa for parents.

Questions
    1. Is it possible to initiate B2 visa processing after L1's visa expiry (but I-94 is valid)
    2. Will there be any issues, if parents are travelling to US after October 2016 (L1's visa will get expire by oct 2016, I-94 valid till Apr 2018)
    3. If parents got the B2 stamped before May/Jun 2016, is there any problem in travelling during Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec months?

Can some one please help me understand the case and suggest some solutions

Thanks

1. yes.
    2. No
    3. No
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Visa is only to let you enter in the states, while I94 is the document - which says how long can you stay in that visit.

As long as you have valid I94 & are not planning to move out of US (which essentially means, you will be extending your visa or EAD is in progress), you are living legally & hence you can still invite your parents to US.

- Not a legal advice.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X