Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents visa rejected 2nd time...Please advice

Hello Folks,

My Parents visa rejected for the 2nd time in Chennai consulate (Telugu lang). The first attempt was in 2004. Following questions CO asked and he didn't even looked any of the supporting documents it seems.

1. How many sons you have?
    My father replied 2 sons

2. Where are they?
    My father replied both in US

Sorry we cannot give you a Visa, when my father asked the CO what the reason is for Rejection, the translation lady said our rules won’t permit to give Visa if you have both the sons in US. My Father tried showing my Grandmother's picture along with Sister's family and other supporting doc's as ties back...but the CO said sorry.

Is this ridiculous? My Parents are very disappointed and disheartened. I don’t know what to do? My Father's age is 68 and my mom's 60. My Father is still working.

Does any one in this forum have the same problem like my case and did they get thru the visa in next attempts. Please advice.

I have GC and my bro is in H1B.

Thanks,
    Kris

It is certainly ridiculous!! My parents will be going for their second attempt and after reading your experience it seems very unlikely that they will get the visa. WE are 3 daughters all of us here....... of course they do not intend to stay very long but looks like convincing the CO will be very difficult!!

We can only hope.....

Comment

My dad is also going for 2nd attempt next week (my mom got a 10 year multiple entry visa last may). We are 3 children and all of us are here in the US. After seeing your message, I feel we have no hope this time too. This is very ridiculous. CO should atleast listen to the applicant, look at the documents and then make a decision. Looks like its a total waste of time and money.......

Comment

If your luck is good, then you endup with good/patient CO.

Until that time keep paying the fees.

My parents are going for the third time. We don't have any hopes this time,

but still trying to keep parents happy.

it won't matter if you have a GC or senators letter.

It all depends on the mood of the CO.

It is waste of time breaking our heads with the questions like

"why they are rejecting?"
        "not even seen our documents"

For andhra people, it is very hard to go chennai and stay there for day or two and come back with rejection, it is really pain.

I heard the President Bush is going to open Embassy in HYD while his tour to INDIA this march.

I hope this should happen atleast.

Good luck.

Comment

My case is different. They have not issued Visa to my mom(65 years) because she has got only one son. We are four children and I am the only son and all my sister's stay in Hyderabad. My Mom attened interview on 9th Feb,2006. Her interview was on 10.45 AM. Becasue of some technical problem they made her wait till 12.45 AM standing. She stood for 5 hours and finally went to the interview counter. They have asked her how many kids she has ? She told four.Three daughters in india and one son in USA. It seems they did not even see the documents which I had sent. They just said "You will not come back once you go there because you have only one son".
          Now she came back dejected at 5.00 PM lost her train and took a bus back to Hyderabad along with my bro-in-law.
          What should I do now ? Adpot a brother who only stay's in india ???
          Or should my mother learn english now to be interviewed by American ???

Comment

You are right.

Looks like parents need to learn ENLISHGHHH to get interviewed by American CO.

Now a days it is a trend of rejection on basis of below questions??

1> how many kids?
            2> where are they?

If you say one kid and he lives in US thats all they want to know.
            Or
            You have N kids and they all are in US, take the rejection with you.

There are several people getting rejections..

I am the only one kid for my parents and no sisters and brothers..

My parents already mentioned 2 times this.. they rejected 2 times.

Keep trying.

Tell your mom not to mention the kids Gender.

Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X