Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name spelt wrongly in appointment confirmation. DS 160 is correct. Please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name spelt wrongly in appointment confirmation. DS 160 is correct. Please help.

Hi,

My parents are applying for B2 visa to visit the States in May 2016.

While filling in the details in the Stanley website, I made a spelling error in my father's last name. I spelt it ' MOORTHY ' instead of ' **** ** '. All his other documents (passport, DS 160, payslips, tax filings and all supporting documents) have the correct name. They have their appointment scheduled in two weeks - on the 19th of Feb.

Will this cause a problem in their entry into the VAC/Consulate? Is there a way to correct this? Also, has anyone had a similar situation, and what happened to the visa interview?

Thanks in advance.

You can cancel the appointment and book a new one with the correct information. Try to call help desk.

Please read last paragraph,
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by chEtha View Post
      Hi,

My parents are applying for B2 visa to visit the States in May 2016.

While filling in the details in the Stanley website, I made a spelling error in my father's last name. I spelt it ' MOORTHY ' instead of ' **** ** '. All his other documents (passport, DS 160, payslips, tax filings and all supporting documents) have the correct name. They have their appointment scheduled in two weeks - on the 19th of Feb.

Will this cause a problem in their entry into the VAC/Consulate? Is there a way to correct this? Also, has anyone had a similar situation, and what happened to the visa interview?

Thanks in advance.
      Hello Chetha,
      you really need not worry, enter the correct information and you need to book an appointment again else as in your case I feel that at the time of interview you can have a word with the interviewing officer regarding the minor change of the spelling, he may help you in that case.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys. We also emailed the technical support team (given on the confirmation email) and they've replied saying that as long as the DS 160 is right, we can go ahead with the appointment as per schedule. Hope their visa gets approved.

Comment

Originally posted by chEtha View Post
          Thanks for your help guys. We also emailed the technical support team (given on the confirmation email) and they've replied saying that as long as the DS 160 is right, we can go ahead with the appointment as per schedule. Hope their visa gets approved.
          Yup,
          Need not worry, it will go fine ... :-)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X