Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsoring Visitor Visa for Sister In Law when I-94 extension under process

Hello Experts,

I am in a complicated situation and seek your guidance.

I am on a H1B visa which is getting expired on 3rd April, 2016. My I-94 extension is already under process and I am expecting to receive the USCIS receipt number by end of Feb 2016. My wife is on H4 visa and her extension is also under process along with mine. She is a homemaker and we are expecting a baby in July 2016.

We are planning to sponsor and invite my married sister-in-law (wife's sister) to the USA on the tourism purpose. My SIL, 30 years old, is working in a private firm (but will leave the job for this trip) and she does not have a strong bank balance or any property in India. Her husband is working and he is not accompanying her in the travel due to financial reasons. His yearly income is around Rs. 3,00,000.

I will make sure to schedule the visa interview after I get the USCIS receipt number for I-94 extension.

Please suggest the possibilities of Visitor's visa approval for my sister in law. I think the only strong tie she can show with India is that her husband is there and she need to come back for him.

I am also planning to invite my Father on self-sponsorship. Is it advisable that my Father and sister in law should apply together and appear together for Visa interview ?

Please suggest.
    Thanks in advance,
    Gunj.

Update

Hi Experts,

By now, I have got the answer to my first question. As long as I have a valid Visa or I-94 extension receipt, there should not be a problem in sponsoring the Visitor's visa for my relatives.

However, I am still in a dilemma for the other question. We are planning to sponsor my married sister-in-law (wife's sister) to the USA on the tourism purpose. My SIL, 30 years old, does not have a strong bank balance or any property in India. Her husband is working and he is not accompanying her in the travel due to financial reasons. His yearly income is around Rs. 3,00,000. My SIL have not filed an IT return ever as her yearly income is less than taxable limit.

Please suggest the possibilities of Visitor's visa approval for my sister in law. I think the only strong tie she can show with India is that her husband is there and she need to come back for him. I am getting mixed advices that if we apply for my SIL alone then chances of rejection are more compared to the case when we apply the visitor's visa for my SIL and her Husband together.

Please suggest as we are in a big confusion and feeling restless because of this.

Regards,
    Gunj.

Comment

I would suggest to apply only for SIL.
      This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X