Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 visa question-What is your daughter doing after graduation

Hi Everyone,
    I am currently on F1 in USA and would be graduating in May 2016. I am inviting my parents for my grad ceremony. I would be working on OPT after this as I have one job offer here...
    However I am anticipating this question for my parents visa interview(B2 visa ) and not sure of how they should answer it in a convincing way.

Question : Your daughter is graduating , her studies(F1) are coming to an end.Then what is she going to do after this..?

My thoughts/options :

Option 1: Our daughter has not decided anything concrete , we have not heard from her related to this as she still deciding , We are not aware of this

Would this negatively impact their chances of getting visa ..??

Option 2 : She is planning to return back..we are visiting her ..would see USA /tourist places and return back with her

The interviewer might give VISA for 2-3 months or not all by concluding that I am returning anyways..Also I am not sure how to convince that I am returning as I do not have concrete proofs/documents..
    I do not want my parents to lie and land up in any trouble or difficult situation.

Option 3: OPT ,CPT terms processes are too difficult for my parents to understand/remember and explain to Interviewer in a confident manner..

any pointers to the response of this anticipated question would be really appreciated..

Thank You,

B2 visa question-What is your daughter doing after graduation

Originally posted by GK2016 View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I am currently on F1 in USA and would be graduating in May 2016. I am inviting my parents for my grad ceremony. I would be working on OPT after this as I have one job offer here...
    However I am anticipating this question for my parents visa interview(B2 visa ) and not sure of how they should answer it in a convincing way.

Question : Your daughter is graduating , her studies(F1) are coming to an end.Then what is she going to do after this..?

My thoughts/options :

Option 1: Our daughter has not decided anything concrete , we have not heard from her related to this as she still deciding , We are not aware of this

Would this negatively impact their chances of getting visa ..??

Option 2 : She is planning to return back..we are visiting her ..would see USA /tourist places and return back with her

The interviewer might give VISA for 2-3 months or not all by concluding that I am returning anyways..Also I am not sure how to convince that I am returning as I do not have concrete proofs/documents..
    I do not want my parents to lie and land up in any trouble or difficult situation.

Option 3: OPT ,CPT terms processes are too difficult for my parents to understand/remember and explain to Interviewer in a confident manner..

any pointers to the response of this anticipated question would be really appreciated..

Thank You,
    If this question were asked, your parents would state you are going to be working temporarily with a U.S. company to gain on the job training after graduation. Consulate officers are aware of what OPT is and it would not need any more detailed explanation than the above.

Trinity71

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X