Processing Ukrainian Fiancé Visa : Timing of wedding and B2 visa questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processing Ukrainian Fiancé Visa : Timing of wedding and B2 visa questions

I am starting to process the fiancé visa for my girlfriend of 8 months. She lives in Kiev, Ukraine, but her hometown is Gorlovka, which is currently on the front-line of the conflict in Eastern Ukraine. She has lived with her sister in Kiev for 3 years, but she may be classified as a refugee by her government since she does not own the residence.

Question: if we start the fiancé visa process, but marry in Kiev this summer before receiving the visa, do we then have to start over and process the spouse visa?

Question: what is the proper way to have her visit before we are married? Do I process a B2 while the fiancé visa is moving forward? She has never traveled anywhere outside the Ukraine, she has nothing permanent to show the adjudicators. So we are concerned a B2 would be rejected.

Question: if the B2 is rejected, will this harm the fiancé visa process?

Thank you for any help!

She can apply for a B2; being from Ukraine, her chances are slim. B2 denial will not harm her fiance\spousal petition.

Cannot stick with a K1 for a spouse; must refile a CR1.

Comment

Thanks... I'll discuss options on K1 vs K3 with her... Maybe we move up wedding and just petition under K3.

Comment

K3 is no longer issued. even it exists only way is to do consular processing for CR1.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X