Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa stamping in other consulate

Hi all
    My moms visa got rejected in chennai consulate.I want to know if its ok if she goes to some other consulate for stamping or does she have to go to chennai only??is there any way i can find this out?
    Plz help
    Minu

If she lives in states that comes under chennai consulate jurisdiction, then she can't goto any other consulate.

Comment

R u very sure abt it?coz i someone told me that she can go to any consulate?

Comment

I am positive.. Thats virtually impossible. That can happen in rare cases where there is real emergency and no appts available in one consulate. Otherwise the answer is a big NO :-)

Read this also:

How Do I know which consulate is applicable for me ?

If you are resident in India, you are required to appear for an interview at the visa section having jurisdiction over the territory/state where you have been currently resident during the past six months.

New Delhi: States of Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Uttaranchal.
        Chennai: States of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and the Union Territories of Lakshadweep islands and Pondicherry.
        Mumbai: States of Maharashtra, Goa, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Union Territories of Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
        Kolkata:States of West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Nagaland, Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, Orissa, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Assam and the Union Territories of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X