Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!! - B2 Visa to visit F1- Girlfriend

Hello,

I am planning to visit my girlfriend who is currently doing her masters in USA (started four months back). Can anyone please guide me on what supporting documents to keep ready.

My Girlfreind is 25 years old and Studying on F1 Visa. I am 29 Years old and working in a very stable job since 4 years, been on multiple business visits to UK.
    I am intending to visit for a two week duration.

How tough is it for me to get a tourist visa? and what are the documents that I should be keeping ready?

I asked my GF to send me the following:
    1) Invitation Letter
    2) Copy of I20/Visa
    3) Letter from college saying full time student

Things I am planning to keep ready
    1) Bank statement - Some 9 Lakh Cash
    2) Letter from employer granting leave
    3) Charted accountant assement of property in my Father's & Mother's name.
    4) Investment in Mutual funds - 3 lakh rupees
    5) Car loan repayment statemnt (I have a 10 lakh worth car, with 4 lakh loan)
    6) PPF and PF statements
    7) Air Travel tickets

Any suggestions are highly valued. I am applying from Hyderabad consulate.
    Last edited by adityatous; 03-16-2016, 04:28 PM.

Checklist of documents looks good. You can have copy of last three years tax returns.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Since you already traveled abroad for your business visits. How hard will be for you to get your company help you apply for a B1 visa? It will be easy to get & useful for future as well.

Your document list seems good - but for a young guy its little difficult (not impossible) to get B2 visa for a reason of meeting girlfriend.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
        Checklist of documents looks good. You can have copy of last three years tax returns.
        Thank you Sir for the reply. I have one more doubt, I am planning to apply for F1 in July, if my B2 application gets rejected will that affect my F1 visa application?

Comment

if B2 is rejected, yes it could possibly affect future F1. Would depend on the reason(s) behind hypothetical b2 denial.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X