Proving Ties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proving Ties

My spouse is a green card holder and I was told that makes it harder to get a visitors visa. To add to that, all my documents (rent, light, car) are in his name because he did the initial applications for me. We also didn't think it would matter? Does it? I want to take our boys to visit him and his dad and our other family members. How can I prove strong ties? Please help.

P.S: I have a letter from my employer and I also did a cover letter to state the purpose of our visit.

Since your spouse is a GC holder, why don't you & your kids apply for a family based GC, it will be much easier & better chances for approval.

In case if you really don't want to apply for your GC, go ahead with your B2 visa application & a cover letter stating you do not have any intention to stay there longer.

For strong ties to your home country, you can provide documents of any property & your family members abroad.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I have work commitments over the next few years which require me to be home. I would love to just be able to visit when I get breaks, which is not very often, once or twice a year. Twice if I'm lucky. We are longing to meet the rest of our family. I'm just worried I don't have enough supporting documents.

Comment

Supporting documents are really required to prove you'll be back in your home country.

Every applicant is treated as potential immigrant, unless he/she proves that he/she don't have any intention to stay in USA. And the onus is on you to prove that during the interview.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X