Help! Applied for incorrect Visa Type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Applied for incorrect Visa Type

My friend in Algeria is applying for a visa for a first time visit to the US.
    We put the wrong visa type by mistake. The option was B1/B2 business/personal. Or B2 pleasure/medical treatment. So we selected the B1/B2. His trip is only tourism, no business involved. After reading some different things, we realized we made the wrong choice. The visa application has already been submitted. I know we can not make changes to his application now. Is there ANY way to remedy this situation now? Does he have to submit a new application? Can he cancel the first application and submit a new, correct one? We literally just submitted it today. I feel stupid, I was helping him and I should have been more thorough about getting that part right!
    Any and all advice is welcome!!

The application for "B1/B2" should be okay.

--Ray B

Originally posted by JasminBadri View Post
    My friend in Algeria is applying for a visa for a first time visit to the US.
    We put the wrong visa type by mistake. The option was B1/B2 business/personal. Or B2 pleasure/medical treatment. So we selected the B1/B2. His trip is only tourism, no business involved. After reading some different things, we realized we made the wrong choice. The visa application has already been submitted. I know we can not make changes to his application now. Is there ANY way to remedy this situation now? Does he have to submit a new application? Can he cancel the first application and submit a new, correct one? We literally just submitted it today. I feel stupid, I was helping him and I should have been more thorough about getting that part right!
    Any and all advice is welcome!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X