Necessities to qualify for tourist visa for husband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Necessities to qualify for tourist visa for husband

I am a US citizen, and I married a Mexican national almost a year ago, in Mexico. We have been living here since the wedding. My father was recently diagnosed with late-stage cancer, and we are trying to get home to see him.

I began working on a K4 visa, but was told that my case doesn't qualify as an emergency, so it would take at least 9 months to get that visa. We were told to work on a tourist visa, so that he can be there this summer, and then we can either try to keep working on his K4 from the US, or he will have to return to Mexico once his tourist visa runs out until they finish processing his K4.

I just want to be very sure that he will get approved for his tourist visa. He currently has a job (pretty new, in a restaurant), and goes to culinary school (a year-long program of which he will have completed 3 months). He should be able to get letters from both of them. He also has land in his name in another state in Mexico. We have a place to stay with my parents, and will be sponsored by them, and I will also be working.

We are considering renting an apartment with a 6 month lease to show that we intend to come back, but I'd really rather not spend the money on a place we won't be. Will it be a problem if we don't have that additional proof?

I also stopped working on my K4 visa, because I was worried it would show that we intend to stay. I am now reconsidering that line of thinking. Since he is married to a US citizen, and would be working on his residency, wouldn't that be a clear reason as to why he wouldn't overstay a tourist visa?

Main questions: Is it okay if we don't have a lease to show for an apartment in Mexico? Is it okay to file my K4 petition, or should that wait until we are approved for a tourist visa?

Thank you to anyone that can help! We are trying our hardest to be with my family ASAP. Any (accurate) advice is appreciated.

Originally posted by Rachel Graham View Post
    I am a US citizen, and I married a Mexican national almost a year ago, in Mexico. We have been living here since the wedding. My father was recently diagnosed with late-stage cancer, and we are trying to get home to see him.

I began working on a K4 visa, but was told that my case doesn't qualify as an emergency, so it would take at least 9 months to get that visa. We were told to work on a tourist visa, so that he can be there this summer, and then we can either try to keep working on his K4 from the US, or he will have to return to Mexico once his tourist visa runs out until they finish processing his K4.

I just want to be very sure that he will get approved for his tourist visa. He currently has a job (pretty new, in a restaurant), and goes to culinary school (a year-long program of which he will have completed 3 months). He should be able to get letters from both of them. He also has land in his name in another state in Mexico. We have a place to stay with my parents, and will be sponsored by them, and I will also be working.

We are considering renting an apartment with a 6 month lease to show that we intend to come back, but I'd really rather not spend the money on a place we won't be. Will it be a problem if we don't have that additional proof?

I also stopped working on my K4 visa, because I was worried it would show that we intend to stay. I am now reconsidering that line of thinking. Since he is married to a US citizen, and would be working on his residency, wouldn't that be a clear reason as to why he wouldn't overstay a tourist visa?

Main questions: Is it okay if we don't have a lease to show for an apartment in Mexico? Is it okay to file my K4 petition, or should that wait until we are approved for a tourist visa?

Thank you to anyone that can help! We are trying our hardest to be with my family ASAP. Any (accurate) advice is appreciated.
    Being married to a US citizen makes you potential immigrant, however if you put your case strongly in front of VO, you will get the visa easily.

Renting an apartment won't help much, however land in B2 requester would be a plus. Also, if his parents, your kids are not going to US, it will also be a plus.

I would suggest to get the tourist visa before applying for K4 petition.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X