Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you allowed to travel on B2 visa while engaged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you allowed to travel on B2 visa while engaged?

Hi Everybody,

I was wondering if somebody could help me.

I'm planning on proposing to my girlfriend in June when she comes to the UK to visit me

My only issue is I'm wanting to visit her in December for 2 weeks for christmas and I'm worried that us 2 been engaged would cause problems with me visiting her on a B1/B2 travel Visa. I'm aware that once we want to get married we will have to apply for the K1 one and go through the whole process but we weren't planning on doing that until after I visited in December.

My other Idea was maybe I propose to her in December when I go over there but again I'm wondering if that could cause me problems at the boarder.

Can someone please advice me on what the best course of action would be to take?

Thanks for taking the time out to read this.

Things do get tricky with a US-based gf or fiance. The final arbitrator for US entry is the CBP. If you've visited her in the past on a B2 or VWP, then you should still be ok; just make sure to be honest with any CBP questions related to SOs in the US. It's your personal choice to propose when you prefer to do so; just be sure to carry proof of your ties to the UK during your December visit to your fiance or fiance to be.
    Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by tom1993 View Post
      Can someone please advice me on what the best course of action would be to take?
      Just be honest.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you both for replying back to me I really appreciate it!

Daggit yeah I've visited her recently on a B1 travel visa and I think been honest is definitely my best route, I guess so long as I can prove i have strong ties back home and my intention is only to visit I won't have too many problems, maybe a little more questioning than usual but I'm sure it will be ok.

Comment

I think been honest is definitely my best route, I guess so long as I can prove i have strong ties back home and my intention is only to visit
          Yes, and yes.

Comment

Thank you both for replying back to me I really appreciate it!

Daggit yeah I've visited her recently on a B1 travel visa and I think been honest is definitely my best route, I guess so long as I can prove i have strong ties back home and my intention is only to visit I won't have too many problems, maybe a little more questioning than usual but I'm sure it will be ok.
            The more questions, you'll be asked, the more chances for you to convince them that you'll return back.

Believe me if once you are asked hundreds of questions & admitted to USA, next time on wards you'll have clear entry for life time.
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
              The more questions, you'll be asked, the more chances for you to convince them that you'll return back.

Believe me if once you are asked hundreds of questions & admitted to USA, next time on wards you'll have clear entry for life time.
              Thanks for the advice! So you don't think its a bad idea to try and visit her while we are engaged?

Comment

Thanks for the advice! So you don't think its a bad idea to try and visit her while we are engaged?
                That's correct, as long as you are returning well within the I94 time & providing a good reason for each visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
                  That's correct, as long as you are returning well within the I94 time & providing a good reason for each visit.
                  Ok thats good to know, Thanks!

Comment

Ok thats good to know, Thanks!
                    Having a good travel history always ease your future trips.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X