Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reapplying for my visa

Hello sir,

I along wit my parents applied for US visa last week. Somehow my visa got rejected due to 214(b). But my parents got their visa! We are planning to go for my brother's graduation and after that visit my aunt. All the required documents were present but I wasn't given the opportunity to present them. The officer didn't see any documents and before I could explain myself I was handed over the 214 (b) rejection.
    Date of going and returning back everything is mention on the form. We have the print out of the tickets too. Plus my brother's graduation invitation!

Could you help me wit the interview as to how and Wat am I suppose to answer the officer??

Thanks & oblige!!
    Divyaa

Section 214(b) of the United States Immigration and Nationality Act requires that Consular Officers must assume that every visa applicant intends to leave his or her home country and immigrate to the United States. The applicant must convey during the interview that this presumption of immigrant intent is not true.

There are very less chances for Young B2 applicants to get the visa. You may reapply, but ensure to present a strong case or your reason for the visit.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Tickets or invitations do not matter much if the visa officer is not convinced an applicant will return home. Sadly, many young applicants have failed to return back once they enter the US.. thus the Officers ascertain an applicant's intentions during face to face conversation.

Reapplying for a visa with the same circumstances and set of documents is unlikely to change the result.. applicants however may apply as often as they wish to spend the $160.

Comment

Visa problem

I myself faced the similar problem but when I entangled in problem my lawyer solved my problem.

Comment

Lawyers can help their clients.. but cannot force COs to issue a visa.

Comment

Originally posted by illena View Post
            I myself faced the similar problem but when I entangled in problem my lawyer solved my problem.
            What did the lawyer do? How did he solved the problem?
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Young unmarried women have a higher bar to clear. There is a history of young Indian women going America on a tourist visa and getting married there. End result is that genuine cases suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by pb2au View Post
                Young unmarried women have a higher bar to clear. There is a history of young Indian women going America on a tourist visa and getting married there. End result is that genuine cases suffer.
                Just a thought, why don't USA ban on entry for married couples or make them stay outside USA for 5-10 years, instead of troubling genuine short term tourists

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
                  Just a thought, why don't USA ban on entry for married couples or make them stay outside USA for 5-10 years, instead of troubling genuine short term tourists
                  Are you serious??????? Just how would you go about banning an entire group of visitors due to the misdeeds of a few bad apples?

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
                    Are you serious??????? Just how would you go about banning an entire group of visitors due to the misdeeds of a few bad apples?
                    Isn't that the same thing they are doing? troubling visitors for "few bad apples".

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
                      ..why don't USA ban on entry for married couples..
                      But you're calling for a blanket ban.

Sarcasm missed.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X