B2 visa extension i-539 form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 visa extension i-539 form

Hi, I'm extending my B2 visa using form I-539, but now the application can be sent only by mail. My visa expires next thursday, if I send the application tomorrow and USCIS receive it on Friday or Monday, how long it will take to them to submit it? Do you think I'll be on time or I have risk to overstay?... Thanks.

Originally posted by angelcg View Post
    Hi, I'm extending my B2 visa using form I-539, but now the application can be sent only by mail. My visa expires next thursday, if I send the application tomorrow and USCIS receive it on Friday or Monday, how long it will take to them to submit it? Do you think I'll be on time or I have risk to overstay?... Thanks.
    If they receive your application after I94 expiration, the applicant will be counted as overstayed.

If the extension is not approved, the applicant will be in trouble for lifetime.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by angelcg View Post
      Hi, I'm extending my B2 visa using form I-539, but now the application can be sent only by mail. My visa expires next thursday
      You need to have a valid reason (usually medical emergency) to seek an extension of a stay on a B2. Requests for routine extensions are likely to be denied. Even a day late can mean troubles on future visits.

Comment

If you want to avoid problems in future, let them go back.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
          If you want to avoid problems in future, let them go back.
          I think it's the OP on a B visa in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
            I think it's the OP on a B visa in this case.
            I am sorry, what is OP ?

Comment

OP=original poster

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X