B2 Visa Help! Need Advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa Help! Need Advice.

Hi there, i'm from Malaysia. I'm 18 and currently still unemployed.
    I'm thinking about going over to the US to visit my boyfriend's family, and friends.
    But i've heard that people are getting declined off their chances of obtaining a B2 visa for even mentioning that they have a bf in the US. Is this true?
    I don't intend on staying there, as an illegal immigrant .. and ripping off my chances of ever visiting him again. I mean if things go well we are thinking about getting a K1 visa done.
    But not until i've atleast been with him irl for awhile.. I do love him we've been together for almost two years (online) and we skype every single day. I'm just a little stressed out with all these visa thing but i'm willing to go through it to be with him. He's coming over to Malaysia in a couple of months for about 3 weeks and we're thinking of leaving to the US together, maybe stay there for 3-4 months or so and come back. What should I do? Whats the best way to do this? Please help. Thanks

Originally posted by Acealith View Post
    Hi there, i'm from Malaysia. I'm 18 and currently still unemployed.
    I'm thinking about going over to the US to visit my boyfriend's family, and friends.
    But i've heard that people are getting declined off their chances of obtaining a B2 visa for even mentioning that they have a bf in the US. Is this true?
    Yes.
    I don't intend on staying there, as an illegal immigrant .. and ripping off my chances of ever visiting him again.
    How can you prove it?
    I mean if things go well we are thinking about getting a K1 visa done. But not until i've atleast been with him irl for awhile.. I do love him we've been together for almost two years (online) and we skype every single day. I'm just a little stressed out with all these visa thing but i'm willing to go through it to be with him. He's coming over to Malaysia in a couple of months for about 3 weeks and we're thinking of leaving to the US together, maybe stay there for 3-4 months or so and come back. What should I do? Whats the best way to do this? Please help. Thanks
    Overall B2 visa for young singles are very high chances for rejection, unless they shows a real reason & good strong ties to their home country (to ensure they will return back).
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
        Yes.

How can you prove it?

Overall B2 visa for young singles are very high chances for rejection, unless they shows a real reason & good strong ties to their home country (to ensure they will return back).

Can my parents help with this process? Can they be a guarantor?(if so how would that work and what documents should i prepare)
        Also, whats a affidavit..? Can a invitation letter from my boyfriend's parents help? or my friends??

Comment

@Libra_14

Can my parents help in this? Is there a way for them to be a guarantor? to guarantee my return..? (if so how? and what documents would that be?)
          Also, whats a affidavit? Will an invitation letter from my boyfriend or his parents be useful or maybe my friend thats in the US?
          What can i do to have strong ties to my home country? My mother is giving me the deed to her house would that help?

Comment

Can my parents help in this? Is there a way for them to be a guarantor? to guarantee my return..? (if so how? and what documents would that be?)
            Sorry no.
            Also, whats a affidavit? Will an invitation letter from my boyfriend or his parents be useful or maybe my friend thats in the US?
            Form I134
            What can i do to have strong ties to my home country? My mother is giving me the deed to her house would that help?
            Property in your name, a fixed income/job, parents (living with you).
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
              Sorry no.

Form I134

Property in your name, a fixed income/job, parents (living with you).

What do i do with Form I134? Who should be filing it?
              How do i prove parents living with me? What documents do i need. Sorry for asking too much.

Also should i just say im traveling there for tourism? Or mention im visiting friends

Comment

What do i do with Form I134? Who should be filing it?
                I134 is Affidavit of support, to be filled-in by applicant's relative to invite them abroad. While at the same time, it won't be legally bound for the sponsor to provide financial support.
                How do i prove parents living with me? What documents do i need. Sorry for asking too much.
                Same residential address for you as well as your parents. Some other similar government approved document which proves that you are a single family.
                Also should i just say im traveling there for tourism? Or mention im visiting friends
                The question's will be different for both the situations, be prepared to answer them accordingly. Visiting friend gives a straight hint that he may be your boy-friend.

At the end of everything, telling truth is the key.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X