Can husband in B1 visa bring along wife and kid in B2 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can husband in B1 visa bring along wife and kid in B2 visa

Hi I am new to this forum and I have few clarifications. Pls guide.
    I have been selected for an international paper presentation that is happening in Denver, US. My company is sponsoring me entirely to speak at the conference. I will also be spending a couple of weeks in my US branch office. I have my B1 visa appointment scheduled in the month of may. I now wish to take my wife and my 1 year old kid to Denver in B2 visa ( B2 visa appointment scheduled in may)along with me. I will be given the accommodation facilities where my wife and kid can also stay. I am planning to finish my official work in Denver and go on tourism for 2 more weeks. My expenses are completely taken care by my company while my wife and kid's expenses are not. My cousin who stays in a different place in the US has volunteered to sponsor. Is it okay if my wife and Kid does not land at my cousins place initially though he is sponsoring them ? Is it okay if we all arrive at Denver first and then meet my cousin at his place towards the end of our trip?

- - - Updated - - -

t

Originally posted by dhiliplila View Post
    Hi I am new to this forum and I have few clarifications. Pls guide.
    I have been selected for an international paper presentation that is happening in Denver, US. My company is sponsoring me entirely to speak at the conference. I will also be spending a couple of weeks in my US branch office. I have my B1 visa appointment scheduled in the month of may. I now wish to take my wife and my 1 year old kid to Denver in B2 visa ( B2 visa appointment scheduled in may)along with me. I will be given the accommodation facilities where my wife and kid can also stay. I am planning to finish my official work in Denver and go on tourism for 2 more weeks. My expenses are completely taken care by my company while my wife and kid's expenses are not. My cousin who stays in a different place in the US has volunteered to sponsor. Is it okay if my wife and Kid does not land at my cousins place initially though he is sponsoring them ? Is it okay if we all arrive at Denver first and then meet my cousin at his place towards the end of our trip?

t
    Yes, they can accompany you & stay with you all the time - provided they gets the visa.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Yes, they can accompany you & stay with you all the time - provided they gets the visa.
      Thank you for the response.
      Will there be lot of questions at the Port of Entry ? If so , Can I state the reason that we all are going to a different place (as against the place from where my cousin has given the invite for my wife and kid) to attend the conference.

Pls suggest

Comment

Originally posted by dhiliplila View Post
        Will there be lot of questions at the Port of Entry ? If so , Can I state the reason that we all are going to a different place (as against the place from where my cousin has given the invite for my wife and kid) to attend the conference.
        There may be few extra questions by the VO during interview, but usually CBP doesn't ask much question (unless you really look like prepared to attack them). Go ahead - you are all good.

Best of luck !!
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
          There may be few extra questions by the VO during interview, but usually CBP doesn't ask much question (unless you really look like prepared to attack them). Go ahead - you are all good.

Best of luck !!
          Thanks a ton

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X