b1/b2 cancellation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b1/b2 cancellation

Hi, here is my scenario and would really appreciate if anybody would be able to share their opinion/recommendation. Thanks in advance!

I had an existing B1/B2 visa good for 10 years, i had it since 2012. Last 2014 I was sponsored by my company to transfer to the US on an L1 visa. Come 2016 the L1 visa was cancelled, as I need to stay in the country for a few more months. I opted for the option to stay in here and apply for a change of status to B2. My confusion is would my existing b1/b2 visa be cancelled? if yes, would it be as soon as I file the change of status or when the decisions comes down after I file it, if it is approved.

Originally posted by zappa View Post
    Hi, here is my scenario and would really appreciate if anybody would be able to share their opinion/recommendation. Thanks in advance!

I had an existing B1/B2 visa good for 10 years, i had it since 2012. Last 2014 I was sponsored by my company to transfer to the US on an L1 visa. Come 2016 the L1 visa was cancelled, as I need to stay in the country for a few more months. I opted for the option to stay in here and apply for a change of status to B2. My confusion is would my existing b1/b2 visa be cancelled? if yes, would it be as soon as I file the change of status or when the decisions comes down after I file it, if it is approved.
    If you overstay (exceeding your new I94 - after COS), your visa will be cancelled. Otherwise you are good.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X