Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 visa application for EU citizens after J1 VISA

Hello everyone,
    I was reading posts here for a bit and thought like somebody could help me with some advice.
    So I wanna apply for B1/B2 visa just a year after I had J1 Work and travel visa and 3 years after I had B1/B2 VISA.
    I am Croatian and Polish citizen ( two passports) (both EU and not in ESTA), currently a student in Croatia and still need 2 more years to complete my studies.
    First time when I was granted a US tourist visa with invitation letter from my cousin officer just looked at my university grades and asked me where do I go and when I said the place officer approved my trip and I got 1 year multiple visa (all process lasted 15 seconds).
    Second time (one and half years later) when I applied for J1 visa process was short as well about 20 seconds and officer asked me did I worked on on my last visit to states which I answered with no and where do I go.
    So I never overstayed any of those visas. ( I only have a cousin and her husband with a baby in USA from relatives)
    Problem is that I heard and read that after somebody completed J1 work and travel program they will likely to be denied for a tourist visa.
    I am geniune tourist with no intention to work in USA and in last two years I have visited several EU countries and USA, Canada,UAE, Egypt, Turkey, Serbia, China, Australia, Singapore ( I have stamps in passport).
    I have return tickets for 6 days to LOS ANGELES (where I plan to go with my sister), my father and mother are paying for my trip because as student I have no income. My father has annual salary 250 000,00usd (and 450 000,00usd on current account which I have credit card connected to so I could be able to use those funds) and he works abroad in Egypt for a oil company
    and my mother has a decent job from which she earn 35 000,00 euros annualy.

Is it smart to apply for a tourist visa with all of those proofs? I am really affraid because of my last J1 visa, they could think that I am coming back to work or something....Should I maybe pay for some seminar or something in US on B1 visa so I would have some other reason to visit then plesure.
    Thank you,
    Cheers

Originally posted by Dominik Valid View Post
    Is it smart to apply for a tourist visa with all of those proofs? I am really affraid because of my last J1 visa, they could think that I am coming back to work or something....Should I maybe pay for some seminar or something in US on B1 visa so I would have some other reason to visit then plesure.
    As long as your have a valid reason & no "hidden" intention to stay there, you'll get the visa easily.

Remember the onus is on you to prove that you'll come back to your home country.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X