Travel Visa for Pending I-130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel Visa for Pending I-130

My friend intends on visiting the US this summer before applying to undergraduate schools throughout the country. The problem is that her sister, who obtained her US citizenship through marriage, applied for an I-130 green card for her a few years ago. Her application status is pending review but I understand that it can be under this status for several years. Will my friend be able to travel to the US under a travel visa or will she have any issues getting through customs? What kind of documentation could she provide to gain access to the country easier? She is currently unemployed, taking undergraduate classes in her home country in Sweden. Also, will the pending I-130 application prevent her from obtaining a student visa when she applies to her undergraduate programs?

A pending 1130 is a hindrance to any nonimmigrant visa. To have any chance at the visitor visa, applicant must convince the CO they will return to their home country at the end of their US visit.

Swedish citizens are eligible for VWP, no?

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
      A pending 1130 is a hindrance to any nonimmigrant visa. To have any chance at the visitor visa, applicant must convince the CO they will return to their home country at the end of their US visit.

Swedish citizens are eligible for VWP, no?
      Yes, I believe it does qualify for the VWP. What kind of documentation would my friend need to provide?

Comment

Requirements vary based on country. You may want to consult the local USemb website.

Comment

Originally posted by rsq5000 View Post
          Yes, I believe it does qualify for the VWP. What kind of documentation would my friend need to provide?
          Any document that can prove your return to home country will be good to carry.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X