Bad credit and returning back to US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad credit and returning back to US

I was in the US for around six years... had poor credit and some debts remaining before I left US... I was informed by my roommates that police officer stopped by at the apartment after I left looking for me... probably for the debt issues...

Have to re-enter US later this month.. have got my B1/B2 visa already...

my worry is at the port of entry.. do you think there will any issue when i step at the port of entry...

or do anyone know of someone with the same issue and have travelled back to US??

Law enforcement agents do not look for you unless there is a warrant or bad checks, not for owing money on consumer debt. If there is a warrant for you for some infraction (or criminal matter), it may pop up when you enter the U.S., but probably not.

Can you give us a better guess as to why a police officer was looking for you? It wasn't because you missed a payment on your charge account.

--Ray B

Originally posted by sefron_tamrakar View Post
    I was in the US for around six years... had poor credit and some debts remaining before I left US... I was informed by my roommates that police officer stopped by at the apartment after I left looking for me... probably for the debt issues...

Have to re-enter US later this month.. have got my B1/B2 visa already...

my worry is at the port of entry.. do you think there will any issue when i step at the port of entry...

or do anyone know of someone with the same issue and have travelled back to US??

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Law enforcement agents do not look for you unless there is a warrant or bad checks, not for owing money on consumer debt. If there is a warrant for you for some infraction (or criminal matter), it may pop up when you enter the U.S., but probably not.

Can you give us a better guess as to why a police officer was looking for you? It wasn't because you missed a payment on your charge account.

--Ray B
      Thank you very much for your reply...

As far as I know, there shouldn't be any other reasons for the police to stop by... haven't been into any sort of troubles as such... unless it was for the court summon for debt collection...

Comment

... and some debts remaining before I left US...
        ... unless it was for the court summon for debt collection...
        Have you paid off\cleared those debts?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X