Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourism B2 visa - Working company not willing to provide NOC

Hi Members,

I am planning to get my niece to US on a visiting visa. She is working in an IT firm in India with over 5 years of experience. When she enquired, she was told that the company would not provide a NOC for her travel as it is against the company poilcy.
    What they can provide is just a bonafide letter confirming her employment in the company. Can you please shed some light on what other alternate documents she can prepare in this case?

I am eagerly waiting to hear your advise in this regard.

Thanks
    Arjun

A young IT worker is unlikely to be viewed as having strong ties to home. A reputable employer can't provide assurances because many young Indian so-called 'visitors' to the US have attempted to gravitate towards studying or working in the US.. as soon as they clear US Customs. She will need to prove she isn't intending to overstay a visitor visa.

Comment

Thanks for the response daggit. Can you please give us some pointers on what documents(any alternate documents as equivalent to NOC or something else) she can prepare to prove that she is not going/intending to overstay in US?

Thanks
      Arjun

Comment

IOs don't interview documents; they interview people. A stack of documents is worthless paperweight to an officer. The Interviewing Officer has to be convinced the applicant means what s\he is saying at the window.

Comment

This is 100% correct.

Originally posted by daggit View Post
          IOs don't interview documents; they interview people. A stack of documents is worthless paperweight to an officer. The Interviewing Officer has to be convinced the applicant means what s\he is saying at the window.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X