No announcement yet.

DS 160 confirmation does not matches the place of birth as shown on passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 160 confirmation does not matches the place of birth as shown on passport

I am filling my ds 160 form to apply for B1/B2 visa. When I generated ds 160 confirmation page, it does not matches the place of birth as what is shown on my passport.

Place of birth shown on my passport : "INDORE MADHYA PRADESH"
    What is printed on my DS 160 form "INDORE INDIA"

Now I tried creating a new DS 160 form and tried entering place of birth as "INDORE MADHYA PRADESH". But it looks like this field only allows 20 characters. Which means, I can only enter "INDORE MADHYA PRADES". Missing "H".

My questions is: Is it ok to use my original DS 160 form which shows "Indore India" as my place of birth? Or should I use a new DS 160 form. Even in that case, I cannot enter the exact place of birth which is mentioned on my passport?

Thanks

That should not be a big issue. Visa officer must be know that Indore is in Madhya Pradesh state.
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by jnk View Post
      That should not be a big issue. Visa officer must be know that Indore is in Madhya Pradesh state.
      As it turned out, having only Indore mentioned on the passport was accepted by the visa officer. My parents got the visa !!

Comment

Please advise

Hello,
        Hope you would have completed your interview proceedings. Please help me out as i am facing the same issue.
        the place of birth is not the same in my DS160 and passport.
        passport: pudhusalem mettur salem dist (this place is in Salem)
        since i couldnt enter this in the space provided in the DS160 i have entered as "Salem".
        should this be fine? please provide me your advice on what can be done for this or whatever i have entered would be sufficient?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X