Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Tourist Visa denied

Hi,

My Name is Shallu Khetan. I am 28yrs old, married and currently living in New Delhi. I had applied for the B2 U.S visa individually (my husband already has a visa) and was denied citing the reason I have applied individually. Questions are as follows:

1. Where are you going in the U.S

New York, Miami and Atlanta

2. Who is going along with you?

My Husband

3. Do you work?

No, I am a hosuewife

4. What does your Husband do?

He has his own IT Firm.

5. Can I see his passport?

Yes. (handed over the passport)

6. Oh, so he has been to U.S before?

Yes.

7. Where?

Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Atlanta

8. Why did he go?

Went their for a conference for 3 days in Vegas and after that a bit of excursion for few days.

9. What do your parents do?

They have a rice manufacturing plant.

10. Have they ever travelled outside India?
    No

Sorry, I cannot grant you a visa as you have applied individually. Then she gave me 214B sheet.

I don't understand the exact reason. It's not that we will stay in the states permanently. Also, we have good financial background. Is it because I don't work?

Read https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visa-re...lication-tips/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Spouse name on both passport's for cross reference.

Hi is your name updated in your husbands passport and same with your passport if your husband name is updated in spouse column for cross reference. ?
      next time you can also attach Covering letter on your husbands IT Based firm letter head from your husband's side with mention on it -your name as per passport, relation with you, your passport no, boarding & lodging expenses will be bear by whom with other relevant information.

Comment

Originally posted by GAURAVTND View Post
        Hi is your name updated in your husbands passport and same with your passport if your husband name is updated in spouse column for cross reference. ?
        next time you can also attach Covering letter on your husbands IT Based firm letter head from your husband's side with mention on it -your name as per passport, relation with you, your passport no, boarding & lodging expenses will be bear by whom with other relevant information.
        OP is applying for a personal B2 visa. How does her spouse's professional letterhead help her visa eligibility?

Comment

B1/B2 rejected. Help needed

My Profile

- Working in a reputed US based companyin Gurgaon as part of their Account Management and sales team
          - Current Location: Gurgaon
          - Hometown: ZZZ
          - Educations: MBA and B Tech
          - Family: Mother and Father retired and living in ZZZ. sister married and settled in Australia
          - Purpose of Visit: Attending annual Sales conference inUS for 5 days

Question and Answers during Interview:

- Whats your reason for the visit?
          I work for xxx and I am going to attend xxx's annual Sales conference in Las Vegas

- How long have you been working for xxx?
          7 Months

- What is the conference all about?
          It is a sales conference where xxx Sales representatives from all over the world gather and various new technologies and innovative products are discussed so that everyone is on the same page globally

- Whats the name of the conference
          xxx. (She looked it up on her computer)

- Have you travelled abroad before?
          No. Though I went to nepal when I was a kid (smiling)

- How many days do you intend to stay
          10-12 days as we may visit some places around as well

- What happened with your Schengen Visa? (This is tricky now)
          Actually when I left me previous org to join Cisco I had a valid Schengen visa and my previous org made me cancel the Visa and I have a doscument from Swiss Embassy for the same

- Thats ok...Sorry we can issue visa to you...reson 214 B was given and I was shocked

(The this is that when I left my previous org to join Cisco, I had a valid swiss visa and they made me cancel it from Swiss Embassy so it is cancelled in my passport but they gave me letter which said that it has been cancelled as requested by the applicant)

Please let me know my options as I have to get this visa soon.

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
            OP is applying for a personal B2 visa. How does her spouse's professional letterhead help her visa eligibility?
            Hi as husband is already having a valid visa for US B1/B2 she can show an itinerary for both of them along with her husband's passport and covering letter from husband's side requesting visa for her by mentioning that "i am planning to visit usa place name for business meeting purpose from so & so dates and i would like my wife to accompany me as a tourist and all her boarding and lodging expenses pertaining to her trip will be bear by me all my financials also enclosed for your kind reference" type...

Comment

VO clearly told the reason for denying the visa..she applied individually and she doesn't work so she needs to be supported for the trip by someone. And her husband can do that by showing his financials and covering letter. I think she may apply again with above procedure.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.
              ~Raj

Comment

A billion pieces of paper.. financials, property deeds, invitations, cover letters.. are immaterial. They're unlikely to be looked at by a VO if the underlying reasons behind a previous denial are not addressed.

VOs interview people, not papers. An applicant's credibility, and ties to home, are primary determinants in an adjudication.

Comment

A billion pieces of paper.. financials, property deeds, invitations, cover letters.. are immaterial. They're unlikely to be looked at by a VO if the underlying reasons behind a previous denial are not addressed.

VOs interview people, not papers. An applicant's credibility, and ties to home, are primary determinants in an adjudication.
                  They very much look into the papers if they want to reconfirm something so it is very much practical to be there with all required documents instead of getting it rejected later and posting on the form for help later on. if VO goes by all the people story during the interview every one is going to get the visa.

Comment

They very much look into the papers if they want to reconfirm something so it is very much practical to be there with all required documents instead of getting it rejected later and posting on the form for help later on.
                    ok

. if VO goes by all the people story during the interview every one is going to get the visa.
                    Wishful thinking..

Comment

B2 visa denied and reapplied again need your advice

Dear sir/ madam,
                      I applied for B2 visa to gifting the trip to my wife's birthday, after two three questions the old fat officer told us try next time and given me passport and 214 form,
                      The conversation as follow,
                      I : good morning,
                      Officer : no reply
                      I : given both passport of me and my wife
                      Officer : (much not clear voice and not looking us just little casual on Bush back char) where r u going to usa ?
                      I : for tourism only sir, this trip gifting to my wife on her birthday ( I thought the question is why r u going to usa)
                      Officer : Did your wife ever seen us before ( my wife's passport new one just 2 month old)
                      I : no sir, not yet
                      Officer : how long before u got marrid?
                      I : 8 years before, on 2008 sir,
                      Officer : where do u works for?(not clear voice)
                      I : working a branch manager ,in xyz company, under me 14 peoples r working
                      Officer : ur monthly income
                      I : I am getting 74500 sir,

After he types on computer , he said try next and return me our passport.

I don't understand, I have all documents with me he don't ask , I reapplied again for b2 visa for me and my wife.

Please help us to success the visa interview.

- - - Updated - - -

Dear sir/ madam,
                      I applied for B2 visa to gifting the trip to my wife's birthday, after two three questions the old fat officer told us try next time and given me passport and 214 form,
                      The conversation as follow,
                      I : good morning,
                      Officer : no reply
                      I : given both passport of me and my wife
                      Officer : (much not clear voice and not looking us just little casual on Bush back char) where r u going to usa ?
                      I : for tourism only sir, this trip gifting to my wife on her birthday ( I thought the question is why r u going to usa)
                      Officer : Did your wife ever seen us before ( my wife's passport new one just 2 month old)
                      I : no sir, not yet
                      Officer : how long before u got marrid?
                      I : 8 years before, on 2008 sir,
                      Officer : where do u works for?(not clear voice)
                      I : working a branch manager ,in xyz company, under me 14 peoples r working
                      Officer : ur monthly income
                      I : I am getting 74500 sir,

After he types on computer , he said try next and return me our passport.

I don't understand, I have all documents with me he don't ask , I reapplied again for b2 visa for me and my wife.

Please help us to success the visa interview.

Comment

They are using us to make thousands dollors

Dear Shalu

They rejected my twice even i have strong background so please check real facts from their website

They only allowed 30,000 people all over india for a year so how they can give visa to every one but they donot tell you exact reason because they
                        donot want to stop making money

Anyhow i suggest you donot try their visa from India ,better go to good country like Australia and get a PR and then try

Thanks

Comment

Need help please

I applied for a visit visa last may of this year but got denied under 214(b). I want to apply again but i wanted to know whats my chance of gettin approved. I applied a visit visa where its not my country of residence (KSA) but i hav a full employment in here and been workin for almost 5 years now.
                          Visa interview:
                          Purpose -visit
                          Work - answered
                          Nationality - answered
                          Mar.status- single
                          Contact person - friend
                          How u meet him - hes workin at the same city/common friend but now hes back to the states.
                          Hes nationality - us
                          Is he ur bf - no
                          Whos gonna finance ur trip - me
                          Did u visit any country for the last 3 yrs -no
                          Last 5 yrs- no
                          V.O type something then handed me the white paper sayin i got denied but can reapply again if my situation changes.
                          So what i did was i went back to my home country for vacation then went on a trip on a different country again for 5 days then went back to my home country. After my vaction from work i get back to the country where i hav full employment status (KSA). So whats my chance in gettin approved if i applied again. Do i need to change my contact person in DS 160 form and make a new one coz i also hav a friend whom i didnt see for almost 8 yrs now.shes married to an us citizen and shes currently processing her GC. I want to visit her for christmas. I hope u can help me and tell what needs to be done.

Comment

None of your US contacts matter much to a CO. They're looking for your ties to home that would force you to return to those ties in KSA. Ind\Pak\Asian expats have a hard time with B visas from the ME. Unless a circumstance changed significantly, the next try would likely result the same.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X