Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B2 Visa for mother to accompany her son on B1 (India)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa for mother to accompany her son on B1 (India)

(Indian Resident)
    Hi,

I'm in a complicated situation with dire requirements. My only brother was recently granted F1 student visa, and is set to leave in mid August. I'm 23, unmarried and recently got my B1 approved to gather client requirements in US, And I'm set to leave by July 5th. Judging by current requirements, my stay could be for around 4-5 months. I have great pain in leaving my recently retired single mother alone back in India. I want her to come stay with me in US. In which of the following B2 visa applications, will she have a better chance of approval?
    (As of now, the earliest visa appointment date available is July 27th)

1. Apply as a dependent on son's B1 visa
    Cons: -VO might pose question that B1 visa holders usually stay for only weeks and its been already ~3 weeks since I left.
    Doubts: -Does she still have to show to and fro flight tickets during interview (Ideally she'd return along with me. But my return date is not fixed yet)
    -What proof of accommodation does she have to show? (Will my cover letter and proof of Funds suffice?)
    2. Apply as a solo tourist accompanying her F1 son for a week and then visiting/travelling with her B1 son
    Cons: - She might need to show complete itinerary, including flight and hotel bookings.
    - It'd be hard to believe a 50 year old lady is confident to do all this
    Reason: -I considered this way as it might have higher chance of visa approval and once she enters the US soil, she is likely to be granted with 6 months permit anyway.

She has a land registered in her name as a proof of ties to India.
    Option 1 seems to be the genuine way to go, but because of the doubts I mentioned and the unlikeliness of visa approval is forcing me to think otherwise. Please advise.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X