Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist Visa Denied..

Hi,
    My brother's tourist Visa got approved last year (April 2015), but hasn't travelled to US. He has travelled to Singapore/ Malaysia though.

After marriage, he applied for his wife's tourist visa but it got rejected today in Delhi. Due to her salary(in 30's pm), we had mentioned that my brother will be sponsoring her trip, which is true as well.
    The consular asked her foll questions:
    1. Purpose of Visit ? - She mentioned tourism; she mentioned a couple of places they'll visit. And also mentioned that she will be visiting us.
    2. Salary ?
    3. Who is sponsoring the Trip ? - She mentioned that my Brother is.
    4. What does my brother do ? - She described his job & work
    5. Consular then asked for my brother's Passport - She took it, while reading through her monitor mentioned that he hasn't travelled to US since his Visa was approved.

And then turned to my Sis in law to say that her Visa has been denied.

My Queries from Experts here:
    1. Has anyone experienced a similar situation wherein one of the partner's had a visa but didn't travel & the other's was rejected because of the same? Were you able to get approval in subsequent attempts?
    2. Shall we apply for her visa again soon or after a while?
    3. Is it better to mention that her visit will be self sponsored?
    Last edited by MaxPayne; 07-07-2016, 05:03 PM.

1. Because Your brother didn't travel after his visa approval, it might not be the reason for her visa rejection. No one can say for sure. You have to try.
    2. Doesn't matter.
    3. Self sponsor might increase her chances but there is no guarantee.

Please read,
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X