Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can i get my passport back from IRS sooner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i get my passport back from IRS sooner?

Hi There,
    I am in US as a B2 visa, my official departure date will be Aug 3, 2016. I submitted a W-7 form with my passport 2 months ago to request a temporary ITIN for tax return with my son. Today, i talked to IRS about my status of the W-7 application. They told me that my application was rejected yesterday. I asked when i can get my passport back, they told me up to 60 days. I am nervous as i may not get my passport on the date of departure i will have to stay in US illegally. that is terrible. So i told them this situation, but they said there is nothing they can do to expedite the process and i have to wait for up to 60 days. anyone know if there a way i can get my passport sooner?

Thanks!

Please call them and try to explain the situation there might be some way to expedite.
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Did you get the passport back? You should have not given the passport to any other official other than Indian Embassy. You could have got the passport certified from Indian embassy and sent that certified copy. Atleast the original passport will be in your possession.

Comment

He tried to do something on a B2 visa he shouldn't have done. People do all sorts or crazy things while visiting, and this is just another example. I'm curious if he got the passport back before Aug 3, or he got a replacement passport by claiming the current one as missing.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X