Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 accompanying boyfriend with L1-B

Hi People,

hopefully, you can help me out in my current situation...
    I (29 years old) got an L1-B visa sponsored from my company, to go to the states for half a year, to collaborate and share knowledge with my team colleagues there. I have created a high level project plan for this already, to show it to the consulate, to prove them, that I will travel back after 6 months.
    During this time, my girlfriend (28 years old) wants to accompany me on a B2 visa, because we are not married and we also don't have an own flat together. We both live with our parents, but they both wrote something for us, that they know each other and that we lived together in my parents house, for the last couple of months.
    She is currently employed as accountant, but she wants to change jobs to another employer, because she is currently unhappy. She wants to work again as assistant tax consultant, where she has her apprenticeship certificate in. Therefore, she would like to quit her current job, travel to the states together with me, and will work again as assistant tax consultant when we come back after 6 months.
    We prepared the following documents for her interview, which is on friday this week:
    - current employment contract
    - car purchase agreement
    - certificate of apprenticeship
    - statement of current financial situation (~ 10k€ for the us travel)
    - registration certificate
    - ongoing contracts like pension fund
    - letters from both of our parents
    - e-mail from my employer, that I must not extend 180 days
    - detailed cost plan for the whole half a year
    - planned travel destinations we would like to visit together at the weekends
    - declaration of intent signed by my girlfriend, that she will come back to germany after 180 days

Do you think it's realistic, that she will get the B2, ideally B2 cohabitating partners visa? Do I miss anything important she should bring to the interview?

I really appreciate your help here!

Thanks and best regards,
    Maik

It will be very difficult for her to prove strong ties back to home country.

Please read,

Please post her visa interview experience.
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for this valuable Link. Do you think it will still be difficult, if we request all of the other things mentioned in "additional documents", but just without a short term leave sanction letter? Instead of that, my girlfriend would explain, that she do not longer want to work as accountant, but she want to work again in her original job as assistant tax consultant, when we come back to germany?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X