Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother's B2 Visa Rejected

Hi,

I am currently in US on H1B visa and had sponsored my mother's visa. My mother had a B2 Visa interview today in Delhi, India but it did not get approved. She was asked the following questions :

Q1. Where are you going ?
    A1. She replied with proper address and all.

Q2. Where is your husband ?
    A. He is no more.

Q3. For how long do you need the visa ?
    A. For 6 months.

The officer said that the visa can not be issued & handed over the 214(b) form. The form is so generic that I couldn't understand the reason for rejection.

She was not asked for any documents to prove her ties. She is a housewife but she has property & strong bank account. They didn't see any documents. She was planning to visit with my wife. Though I am her only son, but my wife is working in India & would be coming with her on leave & they both would return back together.

What could be the reason for denial ? When should I reapply again ? How can I prove the ties to India when not even given a chance to prove ? What should I do next ? Please suggest.

Regards
    Wishrant

She is a widow that is the reason they denied the visa. It is almost impossible for widows to get a visitor's visa. Don't waste your money applying again. Having property and strong bank balance does'nt mean anything to the VO. I know it is sad but unfortunately that is how it works with the US consulate.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X