Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Immigration

Hi,

I recently got my Visitor Visa for USA. My travel plans have changed since. I had mentioned 3 weeks stay in my application form however I now intend to stay for 3 months. Will the immigration officer question such a long duration of stay? Also do they check the Air ticket or I can get away with saying I will be staying for 3 weeks as mentioned in the form? If not how do i justify my long stay and the discrepancy with the form?

Any help from anyone who has had similar experiences will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

When you are being processed as an entrant, just request a three-month allowable stay.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Nikkie View Post
    Hi,

I recently got my Visitor Visa for USA. My travel plans have changed since. I had mentioned 3 weeks stay in my application form however I now intend to stay for 3 months. Will the immigration officer question such a long duration of stay? Also do they check the Air ticket or I can get away with saying I will be staying for 3 weeks as mentioned in the form? If not how do i justify my long stay and the discrepancy with the form?

Any help from anyone who has had similar experiences will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkie View Post
      Also do they check the Air ticket or I can get away with saying I will be staying for 3 weeks as mentioned in the form?
      That's misrepresentation.. aka lying. Being untruthful in front of a CBP officer is not recommended. Officers do, on occasion, check return tickets.

As soon as a visa is issued, people often change their minds about duration of stay.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X