recieved already expired papers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recieved already expired papers

I have come to USA on J1 visa for summer 2015 . At the end of the summer I applied for change my status from J-1 to B-2, because I wanted travel around USA. I asked for staying until the end of January.
    When it was getting close to my departure date (I asked for staying till end of January 2016), I went to immigration Office in Miami, asked about my case. But at that moment I did not receive any document or letter, and I was scared I could have problems on the airport (I had ticket to Slovakia on 25th of January). At immigration office in Miami (3 weeks before my departure date) I tried to get some help, explained my case. I was assured that it is normal proceeding time, because they have so many applications. But I was told, I can stay and wait for the documents, because I am in lawful status. Ms. Officer said: “once you get this visa, it is for 6 months from the time you get this. You are in lawful status and you can stay here in USA and wait for approval.”
    On 15th of March USCIS approved my form. 26th of March I received this letter (Notice of Action), where was written valid from 3/15/2016 to 3/16/2016. How you can see, I received a letter 10 days later and it was already expired.
    So I went to immigration office in Miami again. They told me it is administrative error, but they cannot fix it. They said I have to call USCIS. So I called them and explained it.
    On Friday 24th of June I received letter where is written: „Your request to change status from J-1 to B-2 was adjudicated after the dates you asked for on your Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status (Form I-539). As a result your validity period is one (1) day. “ It is last letter I received.
    .I have stayed in USA only because I have been told at Immigration office that I am in lawful status and later when I received letter (Notice of Action) in March, I was told again at Immigration office in Miami that it is administrative error, because I received already expired papers and valid only for one day(and I received it 10 days after), and I was told I can stay here and fix this. Please do you have any suggestions? What can I do? Should I go home without papers or try something else. I already sent e-mail to USCIS, called them many times, but I have to wait 30 days when I do something and I would like to go back home, but I do not want to be in troubles. Please help me.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X