Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa Entry Question

Hi,

I had a question regarding couple of visitor visa entries that my parents will be making into the US in the next 6-8 months.

Background: My parents have a 10 yr visitor visa expiring in 2020. They have visited only 1 time till now in 2010 and stayed for 2 months. No entries after that.

Future Trips:
    1st Trip
    October 2016 for 3 weeks only. Arriving in 1st week of October and departing in 3rd Week. Both parents will be visting.

2nd Trip
    January 2017 for 4-5 months. Arriving in 1st week of January and departing in May 1st week. Only Mother will be visiting.

Since the 2 trips are so close to each other, will there be any issues or detailed questioning at POE for them ?

Will these back-to-back trips impact negatively during renewal after current visa expiration ?

Appreciate all the help !

Trip durations should not be an issue; however, if by any chance the 4-5 month visit is related to a visiting mother potentially helping out with a newborn child, she could be queried during entry. The CBP decides whether to allow entry and on the length of authorized stay.

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
      Trip durations should not be an issue; however, if by any chance the 4-5 month visit is related to a visiting mother potentially helping out with a newborn child, she could be queried during entry. The CBP decides whether to allow entry and on the length of authorized stay.
      Thanks for the response daggit! What kind of queries should we expect at CBP ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X