Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Study Visa refused twice in 2009 and now want to apply for work visa/tourist visa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study Visa refused twice in 2009 and now want to apply for work visa/tourist visa.

Hi,

I applied for study visa in 2009 with applying to following universities.

-California State University, Northridge
    -San francisco state university.
    -Northwestern Polytechnic University ,Fremont California.
    -University of Bridgeport Connecticut.

I got reject from
    -California State University, Northridge
    -San francisco state university.

And i got I-20''s from
    -Northwestern Polytechnic University ,Fremont California.
    -University of Bridgeport Connecticut.

Also from University of Bridgeport Connecticut. I got 50% scholarship.

I went opted for Northwestern Polytechnic University ,Fremont California. as my relatives were in California. and I got rejected , the interview lasted not even a single minute.

VisaOfficer asked only two question

Q1: What other universities i applied for?
    I mentioned only one University of Bridgeport Connecticut.

Q2: Why Northwestern Polytechnic University?
    When is as describing that they have good course etc. he provided me with the pamphlet . and said thank you .

I was shocked .

I thought may be as the NPU is having less rank than University of Bridgeport i got refused . Then i applied again. with University of Bridgeport .

Second time

It was a different Visa officer a Chinese lady . She asked me basic question and also the asked me about my gre score card which i presented to her . she then typed something and asked me again the same question , which other university i applied to , I mentioned NPU. and she rejected the visa when i asked her why my visa got rejected she mentioned for the same reason earlier.

At that time i thought that the NPU was not a good ranked university that is why i got rejected .But i think the actual reason was that i didn't mentioned the other two universities from which i didn't get I-20.

I was depressed at that time and left the idea of trying again.

Now i am working as a software engineer having my own small software company, I have a client in usa who's company profile is very good and he was thinking of calling me and my colleague to usa on tourist or work visa. But i am very much afraid about it.

I don't know what chances i hold to get this tourist or work visa from usa, as according to them i have lied . in the previous interviews . which was though 7-8 years earlier and now things have changed i am having good position in my career and can show that i will come back.

PLease help and advise how can i increase my chances of visa , if there is any chance or i won't get visa ever in my life ?

Thanks please help.

Any association with, or mention of, NPU is likely to elicit a denial. The school's been in the news for all the wrong reasons and news reports refer to it as a 'Chinese-run, Indian-attended visa mill'.

Your ties to home can't be strong if you intend your US client to petition a work visa. Fits the classic visa shopping pattern.. any of F,B, or H visas will do.

Comment

Thanks

Hi thanks for replying ,

I am concerned about getting visa. if i apply for H1b visa or B1/B2 visa what chances i hold to get the visa approved ?
      Does my previous application of study visa refusal play a major role in it?

I can try to show my strong ties to my country and as i said my client's company profile is good as well . so i feel confident about these things . Only thing concerned is about past refusal , does choosing a wrong university for study visa will affect my h1/b1/b2 visa application ?

What precautions should i take ?

What if they ask me the same question againg now "Which univeristies you applied to ?"

Can i explain them that i was not aware about the NPU's bad status ?

Please advise .

Thanks

Comment

a

Comment

Please advise

Anyone please advise about it.

Comment

Originally posted by gurdeepsingh View Post
            Hi thanks for replying ,

I am concerned about getting visa. if i apply for H1b visa or B1/B2 visa what chances i hold to get the visa approved ?
            Does my previous application of study visa refusal play a major role in it?

I can try to show my strong ties to my country and as i said my client's company profile is good as well . so i feel confident about these things . Only thing concerned is about past refusal , does choosing a wrong university for study visa will affect my h1/b1/b2 visa application ?

What precautions should i take ?

What if they ask me the same question againg now "Which univeristies you applied to ?"

Can i explain them that i was not aware about the NPU's bad status ?

Please advise .

Thanks
            First of all, you can't simply apply for h1b visa. A US employer has to file a h1b petition for you, then go through the lottery and if selected and approved, then only you can go through the h1b visa process. It's a long and lengthy process. Like even if an employer wants to hire you know, the earliest you can come to US with h1b visa is Oct 2017 since this year quota is already finished. If you did in fact go through the process, you earlier visa rejection might not hamper for h1b visa.

Fro the b1/b2 visa, you will likely get denied. Having two denials on student visas and now trying to go to US with visitor visa will make the visa officer think that you are so desperate to go to US which makes him think that you will not return back no matter what sort of ties to your country you show.

If your NPU's issue comes up, you can definitely tell them that you didn't know about it's bad status but they will not believe you because they know almost all students go to NPU just to be able to live in the US rather than studying.
            Good luck.

Comment

Study Visa refused twice in 2009 and now want to apply for work visa/tourist visa.

All you can do is apply.

There is no way to know your probability for approval or denial. It does appear you had been visa shopping like Daggit stated, even if it was years ago.

Strong ties to home country is what they will be looking for... wife and children if you have them and they are not going to be traveling with you, possibly property you own or your business. However businesses can be portable as well as any job so that may not count for much.

Be clear on what visa to apply for. Make sure based on what your intentions are while you are here, you choose the correct corresponding visa. Applying for a visa that does not match your intentions will get you a denial. Also, when interviewing with the visa officer, be completely honest with all of your answers for all questions including questions if any about past visa applications.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X