Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

second attempt tourist visa- HELP appreciated!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• second attempt tourist visa- HELP appreciated!!

Thanks in advance for reading and offering any suggestions you may have!

My sister in law is from a native tribe in Costa Rica and we are trying to get her up to the US for a visit.
    She applied for a visa about 8 months ago and was denied because:

she didn't have a job
    no kids
    no house ownership
    wasn't prepared (i know, big whoops.)

I feel that the lack of preparation was our big error and that it is possible for her to get a visa. My other brother-in-law and his wife were able to. Here's what I propose and would love to hear anyone's ideas and suggestions.

1. No kids- She is physically unable to have kids (maybe get a letter stating so from her doctor? She also has one step son who lives with her and she takes care of)

2. No house- She cannot own her house because she lives on a reservation, although she has lived in the same house for 20+ years and it is "hers". (get a letter from her local government stating this information and any work/updating she has done to her house)

3. No job- she suffers from sever migrains, keeping her from many lines of work, although does do traditional artisan work from home. Any thoughts here?

We would really appreciate any help! We would love to have her come visit and don't want her to face denial a second time...

Her biggest hurdle is likely to be her inability to convince the CO of her ties that would force her to board the flight home; she appears to be lacking in those ties. With no job or other tangible property, she could be viewed by a CO as a prime candidate to migrate to the US. But if she has $160 to spare, she could give it another shot.

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
      Her biggest hurdle is likely to be her inability to convince the CO of her ties that would force her to board the flight home; she appears to be lacking in those ties. With no job or other tangible property, she could be viewed by a CO as a prime candidate to migrate to the US. But if she has $160 to spare, she could give it another shot.
      She should not try to apply 2nd time until her condition has been improved.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X