Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious help needed getting Visa for USMLE Step 2 CS

Hello all.

I would like some assistance and guidance from experienced and more knowledgeable members in filling up the application form for scheduling a Visa interview at US Embassy at Delhi for the purpose of going to US for my Step 2 CS exam.

I graduated in 2010 and have already cleared my Step 1.
    Step 2 is in a few days.
    And plan to give my CS in Jan 2017.

Now, since 2010-13, i have been doing some voluntary service at free clinics in Church and Temples, and also some camps organized by the Rotary and the Lions club.
    I was also working in a hospital and a nursing home.

Since 2014 to date, i am a visiting MO in a senior secondary school and also have been running my own clinic in a nearby village.

I have saved about 3 lacs in my name in the bank.

Now, my dilemma is, in the employment status -
    > should i say self employed ? Is it ok to say so. Do VO take it +tively or do they question and doubt a doctor's self employed status ?
    ( ..... if this feasible, what all documents would be required ? )
    or
    > should i say my employer to be the school where i visit once a week or 2 weeks or sometimes when they call, and get their NOC ?
    or
    > should i get in touch with the nursing home/hospital where i was working and request them to oblige me with a NOC certificate ?

SECONDLY,
    Although i have the funds i mentioned in my name in the bank, but my mother is wishing and willing to sponsor my trip.
    Can i mention her as my sponsor ?
    Will the VO accept it ? I mean he might say, if you are working why is your mother sponsoring ? Coz, then i wont be mentioning my bank balance !

Please address my concerns, and help me fill up my form guys.

Thanks.
    Last edited by doc.05; 09-01-2016, 03:03 PM.

Guys !

Anything !

Please advice as to how to go about.

Any pointers shall be highly appreciated .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X