Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NONE or NIL or NA

Hi,
    I have one question on DS156 and DS157 if no response is available….DS-156. Q8, Q9, DS-157 Q12, Q13 etc.

While filling applications online in VFS site, for DS-156 it says Enter NA if not applicable for some questions, i.e. Q#8, Q#9 etc and for DS-157 it says, Kindly mention NA if not applicable for some questions, Q#12, Q#13 etc.

So, per these instructions, application form printout will come with NA for such questions.

But per, http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/how_to_apply2.html,

Respond to all the questions.
    If you have no response for a question, put "none" or "nil" - do not draw a line or write "n.a." or "not applicable." If you fail to answer all the questions, this could create problems with your application, so remember to have an answer for each question.

So my question is … is that okay to leave NA or do we need to correct them to NONE in printed application form?

Please help
    Thanks
    RK
    Last edited by ramkumarkoditala; 03-15-2006, 11:52 PM.

NA is fine

Comment

dahlia

marking NA with pen is also fine right????

Comment

yes, but don't write anything on the printout taken online.. if u need to change anything, take a new printout and manullay fill all details with changes in red ink.

Comment

Does that mean , I have to take 2 printouts to the consulate

The printout from the PDF I downlaoded from VFS site did not print NA on paper eventhough I could see it in the application online

Thanks

Comment

If thats the case its fine as it is. even if it doesn't show NA on the print out its ok since you've filled it online with NA on it. No need to take 2 printouts just for adding NA.

Comment

Originally posted by new_visa
              The printout from the PDF I downlaoded from VFS site did not print NA on paper eventhough I could see it in the application online

Thanks
              Did you try opening PDF file with latest Adobe???

so what does this show... BLANK instead NA ???

Thanks
              RK

Comment

Yes I tried in version 5 and 7 .

Both versions displays BLANK. Even with an adobe writer the fields did not open up for editing.

How did it work for u

Comment

Yes I tried in version 5 and 7 .

Both versions displays BLANK. Even with an adobe writer the fields did not open up for editing.

How did it work for u
                  I have vers 6 at work… When I open these files it says, “This file appears to use a new format that this version of Acrobat does not support…” but displays all with correct values/NA
                  Last edited by ramkumarkoditala; 03-17-2006, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Hi!

NA shud be fine to use becoz when you answer a NO to certain questions the form automatically gets filled with NA

Comment

sonujan

But like i said NA did not appear in the printout eventhough I used the latest acrobat.

Should I write NA in those questions and take those or take one with blank answers also?

Comment

i have problem with question 20 and the one that asks for the pager number and all.

Other places where ever I put NA it appeared in the print out

Comment

Guys for your FYI

I checked with VFS about this , They said write NA/NONE with pen in places where the printout shows blanks and tell the immig officer about this if he ask

Comment

Guys for your FYI

I checked with VFS about this , They said write NA/NONE with pen in places where the printout shows blanks and tell the immig officer about this if he ask
                            Thats' good to know ... thanks for the info

Thanks,
                            RK

Comment

After you filled the info in the online aplication, and printout seemed blank, write manually the information you put it on the online app. Do not try to put a different answer in the manual carrying copy than from the orginial online app. That creates grounds for visa rejection. Consulates has all the previous information on the system.
                              Last edited by VisaChief001; 03-20-2006, 09:53 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X