Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what dress to wear for interview . Is formal a must for parents ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what dress to wear for interview . Is formal a must for parents ?

Hi

My parents have visa interview in chennai on june 5th 8:30 AM. I selected malayalam as the language.
    My father is an ex congress and usually wear white shirt and white dhoti .
    Is it ok if he wear this and goes for interview ?
    Is this going to affect the interview ?
    If this is going to be a problem then I need to tell them to buy some formal dress before interview .
    Any reply willbe appreciated.

Thanks

no restriction on dress code - traditional is fine - anything which u are comfortable with ...

visa approval is based on the applicants ability to prove strong ties to India at the time of interview. (most of the time :-))

Image is often as important as content. What you look like and how you say something are just as important as what you say. So dressed up nicely and keep smiling.

Greet the Interviewer when you see him/her at the beginning.
    Communicate clearly and in a comprehensive way. Do not hesitate to politely ask to repeat or rephrase the question, if you don't understand the question.
    Last edited by dahlia; 03-17-2006, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks Raj

After reading your mail I feel .. not to take any chances...
      Everything depends on the mood of officer that time ..
      I will tell them to go in formals...

Hope everythig goes well..

Comment

Sure.. :-) I made my father in-law wear pants and t-shirt ... (He used to wear these while he was working though..)
        Last edited by dahlia; 03-17-2006, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Hi anuandreema,

My father is also like your father. He always wears Dhoti. And he went to the interview by wearing Dhoti only. He got 10 years visa . Ask your dad to wear whichever he is comfortable with. According to me, the chances of getting the visa is more as these people seem to be more traditional and the VO might think that they might not settle in USA.

Regards,
          Swetha

Comment

I agree.. wear whats comfortable for one...

Comment

Hi!

Best to dress and be in wht is comfortable for you. Best is if you don't pretend or lie abt anything. Everything will surely work out well.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the help. After reading all ur mails , it increased my confidence.
                So now I am going to tell my father to wear dhoti only for the interview which he is more comfortable with ..

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X