About visas and work permits in Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About visas and work permits in Illinois

Me and my husbands are currently traveling in the states on a travel visa.. We have been offered job positions whilst here on our travel the business that's offered us a position have not sponsored a foreign before. I am a hairdresser and my husband is a personal trainer we are not sure of the process and cost of his.. Or if not a sponsor could we apply for a work visa ourselves? If someone can help me to suggest a good visa lawyer that would be great.

Originally posted by emma1234 View Post
    Me and my husbands are currently traveling in the states on a travel visa.. We have been offered job positions whilst here on our travel the business that's offered us a position have not sponsored a foreign before. I am a hairdresser and my husband is a personal trainer we are not sure of the process and cost of his.. Or if not a sponsor could we apply for a work visa ourselves? If someone can help me to suggest a good visa lawyer that would be great.
    The employers would petition for you. Once the petitions were approved, you would file for your temporary work permits at the U.S. embassy in your home country. Keep in mind however, that this will be very difficult. You will be going to the embassy in your home country where you applied for the B1/B2 "visitor and tourism" visas and promised to return stating you were only coming here to visit and tour and not try and stay/immigrate. Also, it is extremely unusual that you would both be offered jobs in different professions while visiting. They will more than likely assume it was your intent all along to try and stay in the U.S.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X