Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Visitors visa to USA

Hi All,

My parents visa got rejected at Kolkata Consulate. The reason was the sponsorer's salary(50K) is not enough to take care of both the parents.My Mom had visited once before 1 year ago for 6 months and she took my kid along with her. Please suggest, how worth to apply again for my parents. I have couple questions to clarify.I'm thinking the following options for applying next time:

1 - Apply one by one instead together. Will this make any diifference .
    2 - Let my mother apply through my sponsership and father apply through himself as sponsorer.

And my second question is:

When my mother will apply, can she mention at interview this time that she is visting USA to leave my kid as my kid is with them right now and she is US citizen.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    helpusa
    Chicago

You think right. Let your mother apply alone first, since she has been to US before.
    But let her not mention the kid; the consulars think that is an excuse to get the visa and they can deny the visa saying the kid's parents can always visit India to fetch the kid.

Your father should wait till after your mother has made the trip
    because she will be asked at the interview why her husband is not applying
    this time and she must say that she is travelling alone.

Originally posted by helpusa
    Hi All,

My parents visa got rejected at Kolkata Consulate. The reason was the sponsorer's salary(50K) is not enough to take care of both the parents.My Mom had visited once before 1 year ago for 6 months and she took my kid along with her. Please suggest, how worth to apply again for my parents. I have couple questions to clarify.I'm thinking the following options for applying next time:

1 - Apply one by one instead together. Will this make any diifference .
    2 - Let my mother apply through my sponsership and father apply through himself as sponsorer.

And my second question is:

When my mother will apply, can she mention at interview this time that she is visting USA to leave my kid as my kid is with them right now and she is US citizen.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    helpusa
    Chicago

Comment

If applying for more than one person the sponsor's income should justify for qualifying support for all of them.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X