Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension applied for parents.

Hello,

I applied extension for my parents for three months from 5/22/16 to 8/21/16. We did not get any notice from USCIS till 8/21. My dad left on 7/14 and my mom left on 8/20. Now I got the approval letter dated 9/22 from USCIS with extension approval dates from 5/22/16 to 7/14/16. That was the date when my date left. Main applicant for the extension petition was my dad and my mom was added as family add on. Applied as one petition and we had one WAC number for both of them.
    Now, I am worried if my mom would have any problem in the future when she intends to visit us with this approval date. We knew that she was not supposed to stay beyond 8/21/16 since that was the end date we applied for extension and we did not get any notice from USCIS till that date. So she left prior to that date on 8/20. But we received notice from USCIS after one month she left with her approval date only till 7/14. Would this be any problem.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Most likely not. She left US before her I-94 expiration date and you receive approval notice from USCIS after that. Make sure she has all the documents with her when she enter the United States next time. These documents include copies for request of extension, the receipt with date stamp of when it was sent, the date stamp on when you received the approval notice.

In short have the entire paper trail. Truthfully inform the immigration officer at the port of entry.
    Last edited by jnk; 09-30-2016, 03:18 PM.
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you for the information.
      Yes, it is very important to carry all the supporting documents during her next travel.
      She wouldn't be traveling anytime sooner, but was worried thinking about the situation whenever she travels next time.

Thanks again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X