Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parents got single entry B-2, can I take them for cruise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents got single entry B-2, can I take them for cruise?

My parents came to visit me, they got B-2 SINGLE entry visa which has been expired. Now they're in US with valid I-94 until August. I'd like to take them for a cruise trip(to Mexico or Caribean) in July.

1) is it OK for them to get on the cruise?
    2) do they need to apply for a new visa when re-entering US?
    3) I heard if you go Canada/Mexico and reenter within 30 days, you don't have to get a new visa, just a valid I-94, is it true?

Thanks

Single entry visa holders will not be permitted to re enter US on the basis of I 94 which is valid.

Comment

Can you point me to the source where it clearly shows your statement? I'm a bit confused now since when I ask around, some say yes, some say no.

Also, if they can't return by valid I-94, does that mean they have to apply for a new visa? I also heard there's something like automatic revalidation of the visa which means if the person re-enter within 30 days, the visa can be automatically extended. Is that true?

Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Hi,

I am having same issue only difference is they are having multiple entry visa but again visa is expired and I-94 is valid. Is there any 30 day rule if you travel in cruise or canada for less than 30 days your previous I-94 is valid and you can reenter into USA with same one!.

Sorry WDGANG, to get into your thread but its a same query. I just wanted to check whethere single entry is only issue.

Thanks.

Comment

Another question: can I go to the local INS office, tell them I want to take my parents for a cruise, and ask them to issue a new visa or whatever document that may allow my parents retrun without problem?

Comment

Both cases No. you have to have a valid multiple entry visa to re enter to USA.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X