Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents' visa. Dad's passport arrived. Mom's no status!!! :-(

Hello,

We are in a strange and unexpected situation. My parents went for their visa renewal (finger printing) on Oct 18th to Chennai.
    My dad's passport arrived and was picked up couple of days ago (11/2). But my mom's has not arrived yet.

I've been checking the US visa tracker website (ceac.state.gov) and also using their automated email.
    The website says "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing".
    The automated email says "No status update available for the passport number submitted."

What we are confused about is... Since everything was applied and submitted together for both of my parents, why and how did my mom's passport not arrive along with my dad's.
    Has anyone else been in a similar situation at all?

thanks
    Indy49

Originally posted by indy49 View Post
    Hello,

We are in a strange and unexpected situation. My parents went for their visa renewal (finger printing) on Oct 18th to Chennai.
    My dad's passport arrived and was picked up couple of days ago (11/2). But my mom's has not arrived yet.

I've been checking the US visa tracker website (ceac.state.gov) and also using their automated email.
    The website says "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing".
    The automated email says "No status update available for the passport number submitted."

What we are confused about is... Since everything was applied and submitted together for both of my parents, why and how did my mom's passport not arrive along with my dad's.
    Has anyone else been in a similar situation at all?

thanks
    Indy49
    Their visas are not processed together just because they attended the interview together. They are 2 individual people and their visas would be processed as such. Also, it is only 11/4. I would not let this be cause for alarm. I would think her passport would arrive shortly.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

Parents' visa. Dad's passport arrived. Mom's no status!!! :-(

Thanks for your reply.

Just one point though... the passport was picked on 11/2, but we had received the confirmation on 10/24 itself. So basically it's been a while.

Is there a phone number or email id we can contact about the issue at all? I mean, other than the status check numbers and email id?

thanks
      Indy49

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X