Question about sponsoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about sponsoring

I am planning to get my mother before the end of August or by the middle of september. Me and my husband are on H-1B. I earn very less per annum, about $ 30,000 but my husband earns a lot more than me. Who can be shown as the sponsor. I have good bank balance though, about $10,000. Also, both of our H-1B status are expiring in August. I am going to apply for extension and will be getting extended till aug 2009. But my husband cannot get it extended more than six months because his 61/2 year period in H-1B will be over in jan 2007. Then we might get extended every year till we get the green card. Given these circumstances, who can be shown as a sponsor?? Any info will be of great help. Also is there a way to show both of us are sponsors (joint sponsors) ??
    Thanks!!

Hi,
    My annual salary is 34k and i had a bank balance of 6500 dollars and i sponsored visa for my mom.She went to the interview last week and got 10 years visa.So i guess good balance is enough.It also depends on the VO you get.Let's see what the other members advice.

Regards,
    Anila.

Comment

Hi Anila,
      thanks for your reply. I have some confidence now.

Comment

You both can do the joint sponsorship also.

Regards,
        Swetha

Comment

Hi Swetha,
          Do you know if there is a form like I -134 for doing joint sponsorship. I think I-134 has only one sponsor option. Isn't it??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X