Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my mother's visa got rejected.Need some help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my mother's visa got rejected.Need some help!!

Hi,
    I would like to appreciate your patience in reading the following...
    My mother's visa got rejected last wednesday at Chennai.Mother was trying to visit US using my brother-in-law's sponsorship.The interview seem to go ok.But in DS-156 (37) where INS request to provides names of persons living in US. My sister mentioned the Son/Daughter status as H1B and forgot to mention that i am green card holder and failed to attach proof of my residency(g.c). So when officer asked momma how many kids are there in US. she replied 2 and mentioned that her son-in-law has sponsored for her this time. Since my sister didn't mention my status on the form when the officer asked for evidence about me momma couldn't reply and remained in shock.I might have sent the photocopy of my greencard if my sister asked me or i was told earlier abbout the date of application.Since they did it on their own without my concern for the first time.Mother doesn't know what to do. They just stamped in passport's last page that "application received" with a seal of date and consulate name.other than that momma cannot find any other remarks.I am very sad and heart broken by that.I requested my momma to pay the fees again this Thursday in HDFC bank and got the new receipt number.my questions are...
    1. Since i am aware of the reasons can i fix the appointment date online and fill DS-156/157 FORMS using me as the sponsor because i wanted to sponsor my momma this time and i got my G.C very recently? would that be acceptable and ok?
    2. or should i use my brother-in-law's channel again unlike last time by providing more accurate info by adding my G.C details?
    3. Is it ok to re-apply through me this quick after rejection?
    4. when a fee is paid for visitor visa in HDFC bank how long is that receipt number valid or usable to getting an appointment online because i do realize the whole process suck mainly in India and China?
    5.Is it possible to get a refund if momma choose to cancel the appointment or decide not to get appointment this time?
    My mother is very sad because of this incident. Please help me.I had arough life in this country and not aware of new rules and regulations.Thanks for your patience in reading this ellaborate thread.
    Last edited by skarrupa; 03-24-2006, 08:17 AM.

Originally posted by skarrupa
    Hi,
    I would like to appreciate your patience in reading the following...
    My mother's visa got rejected last wednesday at Chennai.Mother was trying to visit US using my brother-in-law's sponsorship.The interview seem to go ok.But in DS-156 (37) where INS request to provides names of persons living in US. My sister mentioned the Son/Daughter status as H1B and forgot to mention that i am green card holder and failed to attach proof of my residency(g.c). So when officer asked momma how many kids are there in US. she replied 2 and mentioned that her son-in-law has sponsored for her this time. Since my sister didn't mention my status on the form when the officer asked for evidence about me momma couldn't reply and remained in shock.I might have sent the photocopy of my greencard if my sister asked me or i was told earlier abbout the date of application.Since they did it on their own without my concern for the first time.Mother doesn't know what to do. They just stamped in passport's last page that "application received" with a seal of date and consulate name.other than that momma cannot find any other remarks.I am very sad and heart broken by that.I requested my momma to pay the fees again this Thursday in HDFC bank and got the new receipt number.my questions are...
    1. Since i am aware of the reasons can i fix the appointment date online and fill DS-156/157 FORMS using me as the sponsor because i wanted to sponsor my momma this time and i got my G.C very recently? would that be acceptable and ok?

Are u working? If you have an income and sufficient bank balance (say, atleast $5k) u can sponsor.

2. or should i use my brother-in-law's channel again unlike last time by providing more accurate info by adding my G.C details?

IT can be either way.

3. Is it ok to re-apply through me this quick after rejection?

The rule is that u can re-apply after 3 days of first rejection. Some people says its better to wait for atleast 6 mths before u apply again. But in my opinion, u can try again now since u won't get appt that sooner. Also, normally when re-applies the officer may ask whats changed from last time. U have a valid reason for that. Tell the officer that last time you didn't provide details of your status in USA.

4. when a fee is paid for visitor visa in HDFC bank how long is that receipt number valid or usable to getting an appointment online because i do realize the whole process suck mainly in India and China?

The receipt is valid for one year

5.Is it possible to get a refund if momma choose to cancel the appointment or decide not to get appointment this time?

Application fee is non-refundable. But u can re-use the VISA ISSUANCE FEE DD you used last time.

My mother is very sad because of this incident. Please help me.I had arough life in this country and not aware of new rules and regulations.Thanks for your patience in reading this ellaborate thread.

Prepare well for next time and don't forget to provide as much details as u can. I wonder why ur sister did that though. Good luck next time.

Comment

Thank you Raj!! A small clarification is needed!!

Thank you very much for letting me know the information that i needed.
      When my mother's visa got rejected this time just to be on safe side i informed mom to pay the fees again for new appointment and got a new receipt number. Because i want to sponsor this time with much accracy.I wasn't aware that you can still use the old Visa Issuance Fee nor the bank told my mother that.I am going to wait for few more days like you said before fixing the appointment using new receipt number.Is that ok fixing new appointment using new dd?

My sister didn't mention about application date or expected me LAST TIME to verify the validity of application to me because my brother-in-law is an a#$%%%^ and he didn't allow her to tell me that.As a result they didn't caught the mistake of not mentioning my status as G.C in momma's visa application nor attached valid identification of my status.That's why momma's visa failed.If i had a chance to see the application one time before attending the interview i could have fixed the problem.Anyway I am determined to bring my mother this time. Thanks a bunch for providing timely guidance.
      Last edited by skarrupa; 03-24-2006, 03:27 PM.

Comment

yes, schedule new appt using the new HDFC receipt number.

Comment

Thank you Raj.

god bless you for this timely advice .

Comment

prepare well

I think you are better off sponsoring for your mother. You would be better off because you can control the papers and also prepare her well rather than depending on your bil, who you don't seem to trust. Anyway, when you prepare make sure -
            - you prove your mother has enought ties to come back home and
            - in new application also mention about your sister and bil bcoz if they ask your mom should mention everyone in US.
            - my parents visa got rejected in dec.2005 and they are going very soon for second interview, the only thing we can do is prepare well, what they say should reflect what's in the application.

good luck,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X