Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubt in Question no 37 in DS-156

Hi Guys,

I filled the form on the behalf of my mom.In Question 37,are any of the following in the US,or do they have US Legal Permanent residence,U.S.citizenship.Mark yes or no and indicate that person's status in the U.S.(i.e U.S.Legal Permanent resident,U.S Citizen,visiting,studying,working)

I completely misunderstood the question and filled no.Me and my husband both AOS applicant(Final stage pending).My husband having EAD and me too.But i am not working.So can i change by hand now??Is online copy is with the officer??From that only they will ask questions??Now can i change by hand in DS-156 form.Please help me

Thanks
    Harini

U can change that field online for 1 month from the initial date u took appt.

If not online, take a blank printout and manually fill all fields. Let the visa office know abt this change in advance.

Comment

Hi Dahlia,

Thanks for ur quick reply!!!!I took an appt on december 2005 month.Now only i am seeing this mistake.After changing manually,how to inform the Visa office??Is there any email id is there??

Thanks
      Harini

Comment

Just take both (online and manual) the printouts while going for interview..

Comment

Also make sure ur mom knows whats EAD or AOS means..

Comment

Hi dahlia,

In manual printout doesnt have Barcode right.then what to do??

thanks
            Harini

Comment

Thats ok. Thats why u are giving both online and manual printouts together. Make the changes in manual copy using red ink so that they can easily identify the changes.

Comment

Thanks Dahlia

Harini

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X